Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Adding my dad

I blogged a while back about my aunt in OK on facebook, and how I never added her to my friend's list. I know she is the snitch type. In the past few months however, I have been contacted by family members on my dad's side of the family- a nephew of his, a cousin of his, a cousin's daughter, another cousin's daughter, and I'll probably be receiving more add requests in the next couple of days. I've had no qualms about adding these members of my family as I don't know them and don't think even if we exchange a couple messages on facebook it will change anything.

My dad's cousin messaged me the other night asking how my dad was and how she has lost contact. Moments later they add each other on facebook. My dad was scrolling through her friend's list and then suddenly he runs across me. Mike. He says, "oh and here's Mike." I laugh and say "yep."

I thought he would add me. It seemed weird, and since the other night seems weird he hasn't. We live in the same house? What do I have to hide? Um... honestly... only the observational status message I left the other night that thanks to 3 gay friends turned into a dirty gay joke. My dad would be cool with it. He might joke about it, and probably would throw in his 2 cents about the comment. But it just seems kind of weird either of us haven't added each other.

3 comments:

Stephen Chapman said...

My mum is now on facebook and after a year I accepted the repeated invites!

So my status updates have been toned down a little.

Mind Of Mine said...

My mother joined Facebook and then proceeded to start adding EVERYONE on my friends list. Even people I only ever met once for some ''Adult Time''!!

Be wary!

Aek said...

o_O I think it's a tad weird for parents to be on Facebook. That's just inviting them to invade a part of my life that I don't necessarily want them seeing.