Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I voted

That's something I always make a point to do; that is not the point of my post however. My rant today was about the stupidest ballots we had to use in my county. The electronic voting machines that I have always used to vote on were outlawed since they are easily hackable. To avoid the whole bubble issue of whether someone meant to bubble something or not my county took to this method- A LINE.

You were to mark with 1 line going across the column yes or no for each issue. If you do more than a simple line, your ballot will be void according to poll workers. IT WAS SO CONFUSING when the poll workers tried to explain it to you, but after looking I figured it out.

This is my handmade rendition of what it looked like. There has got to be a better way is all I'm thinking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats why ya gotta move to Florida. In out county, even back in the 2000 election, the ballot read like this:

Al Gore <-- -- Democrat
George Bush <-- -- Republican

You literally just connect the line of the candidate you want. Why can't everyone use that?

Anonymous said...

Our election in Kentucky isn't until May 20. But, I plan to vote too.

travis
spears.park@hotmail.com