Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pene

Today in my Spanish class I sat next to Anita. Anita never does her homework and doesn't bring her book to class. She is a prime candidate for the teacher to call on her and is called on daily.

Today Anita realized she was about to be called on and asked to borrow my book. I realized beforehand that the teacher was going up and down each row. When I saw that the teacher was at the beginning of Anita's row I began writing answers in pencil in my book in the hopes Anita would read them.

We were conjugating a paragraph from 3rd person present tense to 3rd person past tense.

The sentence Anita had to read said, "tiene que llamar un taxi y llega de mal humor a la oficina." In English that translates to "he has to call a taxi and arrive in bad humor at the office" In my book below the sentence Anita had to translate I wrote "tengo un pene en un taxi y llego con mi pene a la oficina." In English that translates to "I have a penis in a taxi and I arrive with my penis at the office."

I knew Anita wouldn't do the work on her own and was relying on me for the answers. She always relies on who she sits next to.

After Anita read "tengo un pene en un taxi y llego con mi pene a la oficina" a few people looked around at her and kind of giggled. The teacher questioned, "tiene?" "tiene?" The teacher then said "traducir tiene a la tercera persona preterito/translate to the third person preterite" Anita said "I did." Nicole then said "ella dice pene p-e-n-e" and my teacher looked up wondering and explained "no hay pene en este cuento/there is not penis in this story." By this time the majority of the class realized what was going on and were giggling.

Anita looked at me and said that she thought I had the answers. I just kind of stared at her casually thinking to myself that she should have done the work on her own.

6 comments:

K said...

I saw the title of your post and I immediately had to read it again because I thought it said "Peen"...which would have been hilarious.

Just thought I'd share

Matt in Argyle said...

BWHAHAHAHA
That's awesome, I love when the slackers get caught.

Matt in Argyle said...

BWHAHAHAHA
That's awesome, I love when the slackers get caught.

Creative Thinker said...

Very good on your part...no more of them foreign languages in your blog...we rednecks down here in the South don't understand them... :-)

dit said...

That is too funny. Anita was clearing raised in home where everything was done for her. What a disservice her parents have done to her.

Very good on your part! Bet she doesn't try that again, at least with you. lol

dan said...

that is PERFECT! ha serves her right.. ha
later.