Sunday, February 24, 2008

Best friend in Mississippi knows!

The best friend from Mississippi knows. There is no doubt. We are talking, so that must be a good sign. I think we will remain friends; it will just be hard for him accept and take a long time for him to.

I think a lot of it is that he is hurt that I am not straight like he would like to think; and is trying to convince me I am. I have a feeling he will hold that above me for a while.

Secondly, he was mostly joking around when we were talking tonight, which since it was online I'm not sure if he was being funny, or he was using it more as a defense mechanism. I was telling him about going out with certain friends and he had to ask whether or not they were gay or straight friends. I told him about hanging out with my "gay friend (The Guy)" last night and we made a meatloaf together. He told me making a meatloaf of all things was the height of gayness.

-- In another completely unrelated note, my coworker Trish was fired. Gonzo and Darla are keeping me up on all the gossip at work. One of the reasons was she went through and regraded notebooks and tutoring logs from kids that I had already graded because she said I am such an easy grader. Mrs. C said Trish was out of line because I'm one of the toughest graders. Mrs. C said all of us tutors are equal and Trish disagreed, so she left.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's encouraging. It sounds like he'll be able
to get past his hangups to at least realize this isn't worth losing a friend over. And he's come along ways in just a day or two so that's awesome. I'm happy for you This also shows that you've made some progress
since I've stumbled across your blog. Your really
handling all this quite well and doing things at your own pace and getting more comfortable in your own skin and with those around you, letting them into your "real" life. I commend you.

Aek said...

At least he's still your friend. That's good. In time, he might come across better and become more understanding. Talking is always a start, and a good one. Good luck! I'm sure everything will work out better from here on out.

Creative Thinker said...

I'm glad to hear this... Keep the lines of communication open. He will eventually see that you are the same person he has always known. Good luck...