Tuesday, July 22, 2008

About to let it slip

Just about to send a message to my cousin on myspace- the one who I think is a lesbian based on what I have deduced from her blog. We were chatting about life and random stuff and here's something I said:

"BTW I have a tendency to name things. I have Mr. Carro (Mr. Car), las llaves (the keys), Mr. Packpack (backpack), Mr. Computer, Mr. Phone, and things like that. It disturbs my friends. They're a little worried I have too many men in my life and that I think of inanimate objects as people."

Does that not sound gay? Who cares... I can always add in something like "I tend to ignore that comment as I think there is a pretty good balance of women, too" ... or maybe "I feel like my possessions are important, and not just objects, so I assign them a gender and personify them [and the names just happen to be manly names]." ... or I can joke about it and say "but I can't very well run around with Mrs. Phone without causing worry."

What to say... what to say...

... and here's what I said because I am worried, but at least I know it'll make her laugh hysterically...

"Their concerns are valid, but I can't very well run around with Mrs. Phone though without Mr. Phone becoming worried and all the drama that would surround that I have a married phone and I'm involved with a married woman. The dilemmas I face!"

1 comment:

Creative Thinker said...

I would be more concerned about you naming everything in sight rather than the gay thing :-) Do you ever call something by the wrong name? Has anything ever gotten offended? Heeheehee... Never mind my smartass self...