Friday, July 18, 2008

Dr. Phil, cougars, and other events

My dad and I watched Dr. Phil Friday afternoon. My dad put on CBS 2 thinking news would come on, but the oh so intriguing Dr. Phil was on, and today's subject was cougars, we quickly forgot about Eyewitness News. Cougars are older women who date very young guys. There were a lot of critics who feel these women were taken advantage of; the cougars said that they liked the youthfulness/mobility etc. of the younger guys. My dad and I got to talking because the whole thing is just funny. I was more interested in knowing about his feelings of me liking someone older- I do like guys 4+ years older a lot. We were very gender neutral when we talked. What if I liked an older person, would he approve? My thinking was how I like to go for older guys. I didn't say that, but said "well, what if I go for someone who is 35?" He said yes, as long as the person is steady, which if they're older than me he hopes would be the case. He said as long as I don't go older than him, he is ok. My dad is kind of old, so I don't have to worry. He said that as long as I like them, they like me, we're not taking advantage of each other, he is ok. He could see me doing that he said and it is ok.

So if an older woman goes for younger men and is categorized as a cougar, then what is a man who goes for younger guys? A panther?

The Guy and I continue to talk on almost a daily basis on the phone or online. Last night I was upset about stuff we talked about on the phone. I was mad how I felt like he wasn't there for me over the past couple weeks in sort of the boyfriend way "stroking my head" as he put it. We talked and I felt really bad because I felt like I treated him like shit and felt very reliant on him He said how I treated him was to be expected based on everything I was going through and he is not mad. Then we talked about our fears about meeting new people and stuff like that and that sat off an anxiety attack. I dreamt most of the night and woke up at 2:00a.m. or so unable to sleep, upset, and hurt. I took a myspace survey among other things to pass the time. I watched the news and "Real Sex" on HBO while trying to fall asleep. I fell back asleep around 5 I think and woke up at 7:15 when the phone rang. We talked today about how we're not cutting the cords on each other- we're still going to hang out, and yes, sex may happen, just not as frequent and stuff like that. It was reassuring to see we're both on the same page. We talked about how we handle things differently- he likes to talk things out and I like to write things out, so we hit a snag communication wise, but we were able to resolve it and we're both still friends. Our friendship is stronger than before we think because we're able to be open, honest, and confront difficult issues. I feel much better this evening and am trying to fall asleep as we speak. We're going to hang out in the next couple days because he "misses his Mikey."

I have a 9th grade cousin who I noticed on her myspace wrote "I love my g/f" on her myspace status. I checked out her myspace and saw she listed herself as a lesbian. I don't see her g/f on her myspace though. I know my cousin monitors her daughter's myspace, so my goodness, does she know? This is the cousin I blogged about how I deduced a few weeks back she was a lesbian, so also her daughter? Who knows...

1 comment:

Ray said...

An older guy who goes for a younger
guy is called what?
Chicken-hawk.
It's been used in the gay community for many years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickenhawk_(sexuality)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chicken+hawk

Chicken Hawk
A Gay term for an older man that constantly chases after younger men typically in their 20's.

The heterosexual female equivalent is the Cougar.

Alberto is such a Chicken Hawk. He was hanging out at the coffee shop again trying to pick up skateboarders half his age!