Monday, July 28, 2008

Sis won't be going out

On Friday night my sister went out with her friends. My one and only sis, the one who is 18 going on 2. She left about 2p.m. and was very secretive. She just told my parents that she and her friends might go to the movies. My parents said ok. 5p.m., 6p.m., 7p.m., rolls around and no call. We wondered if we should make dinner for her. Then at 11:30p.m. she calls. She says she is out with her friends and will probably be home after midnight. My dad answered the phone and my mom was telling my dad what to say. My mom told my dad to say she would be home before midnight- PERIOD.

12:25 rolls around and sis rolls in. Sis told my parents she went out with *Imaginary Boytoy Steven and a couple friends to see "Batman." When quizzed about what the movie was about she said Heath Ledger dying and Batman saving him. Not quite, sis. My mom was further upset because she obviously didn't see the movie. Why she was out so late sis said she went bowling. When asked what her score was my sister said 230. When asked how many strikes and spares my sister got she said all. We've seen how my sister bowls and we doubt that. She also hasn't been bowling in 8-9 years.

*Imaginary Boytoy Steven is her supposed boyfriend. Boyfriend? I think not. She has supposedly going out with him since senior year of high school. He didn't take her to prom. Sis claims he works 12 hours a day at Dominos Pizza to support himself. 12 hours a day? A pizza place will not pay overtime like that. Sis claims he is always too tired to go out and always working, so they don't. Do they talk on the phone? No. I have seen who her supposed boyfriend is- he sat next to her in literature in her senior year, a big tall, 6'7'' black guy. But do I think that he is her boyfriend? No. Sis spends all day at home alone in her room watching TV or playing on the computer. At least in my day, kids actually went out on dates to the movies, mall, or eatery.

So what was sis doing? Who knows... I do know that my parents aren't going to let her go out anytime soon and not without supervision. This was the first time my sister had really gone out with friends, one of the first times she had gone out driving on her own, one of the first times she went somewhere without mommy and daddy, and she ruined it. YAY!!!

At least when I go out I more or less tell my parents what I'm doing and my stories are always believable. I'm hanging out with The Guy, Steve, Mike, watching TV, going out to eat, going to the movies (and if I'm not going to the movies and say I am, I at least know what the movie is about). My parents tend to not question me because they do trust me and I do call. Now if my parents knew what I was doing 90% of the time, would they let me go out? haha

1 comment:

Creative Thinker said...

There is kind of a poetic justice in that story based on all that you have said about your sister...