Thursday, July 10, 2008

This is hard to read

I am going to be buying a car sometime over the next couple weeks, so I am shopping around and getting quotes on the OUT THE DOOR PRICE on the vehicle.

There is 1 dealer in particular where a woman in the internet department speaks with a heavy Spanish has called me several times asking if I'm going to buy the car. I have always let the phone go to voicemail and here is what she says: "Heyyo, this message is finding itself to Mike, it is Treesa from Ignorant car dealer and I be looking forward to hearing from you. Be ready to call me back at (626)___-_____."

Here is an e-mail she sent to me today after I said I found a better offer at another dealer.

"Hello i got the price you are asking i see we have a deal dealer the only thing i need from you is to came down and show it to the manager i see a deal all day long please call me at soon as possible thank you have a good day. day to day come to visit me."

Is that not sad and painful to read? People whose English is this bad bother me. I do try to be sympathetic because I'm a language minor and learning a language is difficult. I do think however, if you are going to work with people, you should be able to communicate effectively.

3 comments:

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

hehe!! lmao ....

to be fair, it's difficult for people who do not speak english as their first language ....

however, i do agree with you that bad communication skills is a big turn-off ... professionally as well as personally ...

p.s. i think now i will have to be careful while leaving comments, with you being a language minor n all!! :P ...

Mike said...

You don't have to watch your grammar, spelling, and all of that. Little errors don't bother me as much as something being incomprehensible.

B said...

Wow. I would not do business with someone who could not effectively communicate, regardless of whether it was a first language.