Saturday, February 28, 2009

Clubbing with Carl and his wife

I blogged about Carl a few weeks ago. He is a friend from my Spanish class whom is gay. He has an ex-wife whom is a lesbian and lives in Baltimore. She is out visiting her family in the area and him. He married her for insurance purposes. He is 29 and is an ex-military guy. I called him earlier today since I hadn't talked to him all week or seen him at school. After I called it dawned on me his wife was visiting.

He called and asked me if I wanted to go clubbing with him tonight. He said we'd meet at the gay coffeeshop in town. I agreed. We met at 9p.m. I arrived about 10 minutes before him and his ex. We all introduced, shook hands, and hugged. Then we went in and ordered our drinks in the coffeeshop. It was fun. The barista refused to help Carl, but helped me, then I rubbed it in her face. She was only kidding around, but I wasn't going to drop it that I was friendlier. I told the barista to make me something blended and with caramel. Whatever it was turned out pretty good. Carl's ex, Kristen, met up with 2 or 3 of her friends from an alternative band and showed us their studio and artwork. This was all above the bar where this incident transpired. Carl kept asking me if I had been to that bar or that coffeehouse. I said I was at the coffeehouse last weekend for school, but didn't elaborate on the bar details and actually became a little mad when he brought the bar up, which he did 2 or 3 times. It was his old hangout. His ex and her friend smoked a cigarette, then we took off and went to the nightclub.

At the nightclub (it was the one Gonzo and I went to and I did karaoke way back when), Carl paid my cover since I didn't have cash and he told me to repay him with a drink. We go in and he runs into an ex of his from 10 years ago. Carl is 29. The ex also knows Kristen and buys all of us drinks. I take a Jack and coke. We go out on the patio and his ex and Kristen smoke and we all talk. His ex is a nurse at a big hospital in the area. We all took turns at the bathroom. Carl runs into the owner of the club, whom he is good friends with. The owner is in his late 50s or 60s. I believe and is married to his partner of 30 years or so. It was fun because he recognized Carl. He asked if I was keeping Carl in line. Carl said he is getting his bartending license and then offered his services to the owner. The owner said he was interested. He also joked that we are gay guys and we can grab each other's packages and do things in gay clubs we wouldn't do elsewhere. Carl mentioned it was my 2nd time there. The owner said asked how many times we were at the mall and saw a hot guy, but couldn't touch. I said all the time. He joked and grabbed Carl's ass and dick, then grabbed mine. It was kind fun to see how open he was and how his partner didn't care, but also how relaxed and welcoming the atmosphere was. We all talked, then went in to see the drag show. The drag show featured Diana Ross songs. So tonight I saw my first drag show. During the show, Carl had his leg up on mine, then I rested my hand on his leg. His ex was rooting us on and saying we needed to kiss before the night was over. We didn't, but we enjoyed watching the drag show. His ex was calling me out for being a virgin drag show guy, but the dancers didn't notice. I bought Carl and his ex drinks while the drag show was going on. Carl was friends with the bartender and got us $3.00 drinks. He had a madory sour or something. I told him I wanted a Long Island Iced Tea. Since he is bartending he asked me what flavoring I wanted since there are 5 variations. I wanted a Tokyo Iced Tea, which is more melon based. It was strong and he acknowledged because it had 5 times the alcohol. I was feeling kind of buzzed, and here, 2 hours later at 2:30a.m. I'm still buzzed.

After the drag show, we all go out and dance on the patio and talk. His ex talks about how they met, school, scars, random stuff. Small talk. Then we go in and dance. We dance to Katy Perry, Rihanna's "Disturbia" and "Live Your Life", and Womanizer by Britney Spears. His ex was very insistent Carl and I grind up on each other and stuff like that. There were a bunch of latino hotties there with girlfriends, or who actually appeared to be gay dancing, and that was hot and cool to see. Latino guys always seem to be so macho, and these guys were, and gave off that vibe, yet they were at a gay club. I was kind of feeling the buzz and was actually encouraging Carl and we were the 2nd couple out on the dance floor after it opened up after the drag show. HIs ex said I must really like to dance and it was apparent. LMAO. WOW. That was surprising, but i said yes. We grinded up on each other, him and his ex did the same, I grinded up on his ex. I was grabbing random guy's asses who were dancing around us, mostly in part because they were doing the same. Then I danced and grinded up on his ex, so I danced with a lesbian.

The bar closed down at 2a.m. and we went out to the parking lot and talked about the constellations (because his ex had a Google Android phone and it shows where the constellations are just by holdign the phone to the sky). We got shooed out by security. I was still a little buzzed, but was sober enough to drive home. I couldn't believe a Jack, as well as the Tokyo to do that number on me, but it did.

So here it is 2:30a.m. and I'm home and I broke my drag queen show virginity, had a Long Island iced tea, and danced with a lesbian. All in all a productive night I'd think.

Again, just so the record is straight, though Carl and I danced, squeezed, grinded, etc. on each other tonight there is nothing going on between us. It was just a fun night out, and yes, there was awkwardness there knowing that she was his ex and random stuff like that. It was just a cool night to hang out with a friend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening full of flirtations and entertainment! I'm envious...guess I"ll live vicariously through your postings of such events!

-C

Crap Newsman said...

What's the gender of Carl's ex from 10 years ago?

Mike said...

His ex from 10 years ago was a guy.

Anonymous said...

Would you like for something to happen between you and Carl?

Anonymous said...

The groom in the video is handsome! Sounds like fun at the club, glad you had a gay old time, in a good way!

Mike said...

Anonymous: Carl and I are just friends, and no. He isn't my type at all. He is sort of a rocker, alternative type guy. He isn't really that career or school oriented like me. Lots of differences between us.