Friday, December 25, 2009

The best holiday gifts



Great Christmas with my family here at home and then my aunt's extended family in the next city over. Got a lot of great gifts. While all of this was great, what really meant the most to me and has been the best holiday gift was...

WORDS

From the kind words that other bloggers/readers have said to the 2 cards I received in the mail from my best friend and a fellow blogger/tweeter were all really so special. To see in words what I have meant to people/talk about special moments we have shared together have meant so much to me.

My best friend sent a gift, his mom's peanut butter fudge (which is to die for), and a card in which he told me how I am the friend who means the most to him since I've known him so long and I don't judge, and how he feels so close to me, yet we are so far. For a guy of so few words I was surprised and touched.

Cards and letters are great- you can always open them up in times of difficulty and reread the kind words. :-)

2 comments:

Aek said...

:-)

It sounds like you had a great Christmas, and for that I'm glad.

Anonymous said...

That pile of presents is HUGE! o.O

On that note, ^_^