Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ran into The Mike's at the gym

Was at the gym this morning and ran into The Mikes. WOW, they have changed. I was doing sit ups at one of the mats as they walked in. They both smiled, came over to me like nothing ever happened. I had no choice but to be cordial and couldn't really just walk away.

The first thing I noticed was WOW, Mike #1 has gained weight. He has had a heavy frame as long as I've known him. He was probably 5'8 and 180lbs or so, but in the past year has probably gained 100 more pounds. He was sort of waddling into the gym. It is mean, but I was thinking "good, you deserve it," although this is unrelated to everything else. I know that's mean, but that's my thought at the time. And dang, what happened to him? No clue.

Mike #2 also put on probably 20 or so pounds that he had lost. He also looked rather homely I guess you could describe it. He had a full beard and long straggly hair going on and reminded me of Garth from "Wayne's World."

They came over to me and wanted to shake my hand, wanted to know what I was doing there, how we haven't seen each other in so long. I was said something generic, like I was "working out." I asked what they were doing and joked that I saw them doing more standing around than working out like they claimed they were there to do. And their whole being friendly thing I'm sure was just an act. Dumbasses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows, right? Being fat and rejected might change a person. Lol. But at least you were nice to them, eh?

280lbs and 5'8"?! I hope that's hyperbole, because that's only like 5 lbs lighter than me, and I'm 6'4". o.O

Aek said...

Seriously?! ~100lbs in one year?! o_O He's like, morbidly obese by almost any standard of measurement . . .

No idea if they were just "faking niceness" or not, but whatever, better than the obvious cold shoulder, right?

Anonymous said...

hahahaha, in their face!

OK, since your post on dreams I'm freaking out.
I've been going to that website daily to check out my dreams and I'm more fucked up then I thought!

The other night, yep, like a entire dream-long bar fight involving many, many people. WTF?

Happy Holiday.