Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gaga over Gaga

Blogger buddy, and friend, James and I headed down to San Diego for the Lady Gaga concert, and man, it was AWESOME!!!

We made an evening out of it, which was fun. I decided we needed to check out Hillcrest, the gay neighborhood in San Diego; and I know from friends that there were lots of great small restaurants to try. We went to a Thai restaurant, Amarin, which was really good. The fried rice with beef, and the coconut soup with chicken and mushrooms was also tasty. It had an unusual flavor, and I mean that in a good way. Lots of fun there chatting, being overtly checked out by an older guy twice, and of course good food.

We cruised up the 163 to the 8 and over to the 5 freeway to get to the San Diego Sports Arena- really it was just a few minute jaunt over there. I am glad we left when we did and headed over there. Everyone else was headed to see Lady Gaga, too.

Standing in line was interesting. The line wrapped around the building and there were 2-3 different lines that seemed to do the same. Lots of interesting people in the crowd. Lavish outfits, guys in gold pants (EEEW), lots of hot gay guys, lots of girls, and yes, all ages.

We got in and took our seats just a moment after the opening act began to play. They only played for about a half hour. Semi Precious Weapons was their name or something. After they performed there was a little intermission where we were exposed to some Michael Jackson, my favorite, James... haha!

And well, what you all care about, Lady Gaga! Totally amused by the stuff that she said. She asked us, the fans, several times if she thought she was sexy because she thought we were. Never knew what was going to come out of her mouth. The show was close to 2 hours!!! She talked about how she does the long shows for her fans because they are sexy. She talked about her monsters. Lots of other stuff... Here's a review about the show... enjoy the pics!







Here's some youtube vids of the concert...






Oh, and notice all of her costume changes...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw her here in Richmond not too long ago and she rocked... the show was not as fancy as it is now, but she really rocked it! Look out Madonna, I think we have a star on our hands!

Anonymous said...

Was frikkin awesome man! There were so many cute guys there, more than half of them camp. lol

And you got much better pics with the camera than I with my phone. Anyway, I had a great fantastic time! ^___^

Joey said...

Looks like you had an awesome time. I am jealous, but I think you already know that.

Saw Jason's (Carwin) blog about the outfit he was planning on wearing to the concert. I couldn't help but crack up at the thought of all this outfit planning for Ga Ga.

Aek said...

It sure sounded like a ton of fun. I'm glad you went with James, sounds like a great night. :-P

Jason Carwin said...

The concert was great, wasn't it?!

How was the opening act? I missed it because I was still in line. When the opening act started to play, a small mob formed at the door, and I got a little frightened. Fortunately, my friends and I stuck together, and we made it inside safely.

Anonymous said...

What's a Lady Ga Ga? Am I showing my age?
Yea mid 40's and still in the closet. I've heard
a few of her songs after I hit the YouTube links
I realized I wasn't totally out of it.

Glad you had such a great time!