Sunday, December 6, 2009

Free money dilemma

When I bought my new Mac back in June at Best Buy I got $100 or so in Best Buy Reward Money. I have until about the end of the month to redeem it. For most people it'd be easy to go in and just spend that. Unfortunately for me I tend to overanalyze and think about the purchase. Then I have the guilt set in that I'm spending that much on me. The guilt it is an electronic item and will be outdated shortly. I didn't really want to spend more than say $100 or $200 more, but I kind of want to drop it on something nice since they're basically giving me $100 free. Here's what I've been thinking...

Wii- $199
Wii Balance Board - $100
Rockband - $300
Mario Bros. - $49
= $549 (minus balance board)
and that's just for 2 games
My parents could play around with the games too.
How much use would I get out if it? I'm not a big video game player. I had Atari and Sega... no Nintendo 64... PS2... etc... sad day

Home Theater Speakers
$550
After knowing The Guy if I bought anything less he'd be disappointed, I'd never hear the end of it, and I'd feel disappointed unless I went with the bare minimum Mirage speakers

Roomba
$299
A cool robotic little vacuum. I'd want it to live under my bed and I worry that it won't make it back to its home, though.

TV Series
$100 worth (2 seasons of JAG, rest of Sex & The City, or Friends, etc.)
I consider these more of an everyday item and don't really want to spend it on that

Netbook
$299-$399
Just for the hell of it, but I'd have 3 computers, which I don't need

Speakers for my car
$215
But The Guy says to order them through "his guy" and "his guy" will install them, but why not? We can always do it that way, hang out while they're being installed, so I'll wait on purchasing those

BluRay player- I have a super nice DVD player, plus I'm not a snob like The Guy on stuff like that

If this were a gift for a friend or family member who said they wanted a BlueRay player, a Netbook, whatever, I'd go out and get it if I had the resources, but when it comes to me I'm much more apprehensive.

What to buy? Whatever it is will be my Christmas gift to myself. Yes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, my suggestion was to send it to me. :P