The trip went well. Nothing sexual between us (whew!) But here's a rundown...
- Dennis drove- arrived at 4p.m.
- Checked in the Stratosphere, walked the strip
- stopped in mall for sandwiches for dinner
- walked all the way up to Mandalay Bay
- Saw the waterfalls at Bellagio
- Saw the volcano at Mirage
- On one of the pedestrian walkways between the casinos I ran into a few coworkers back including B from the high school from a few years back
- Went to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill... mainly to just get a pic so I could joke with my family I went... and we did stay and listen to the band play a few songs including "She Thinks My Tractors Sexy"
- Went to the Coke and M&M stores
- Sampled 16 different cokes from around the world
- Went to the top of the Stratosphere and walked around
- We had buy 1 get 1 free big Stratosphere Souvenir bottles filled of margarita or daiquiri ($16 value). Drank our drinks up in the tower
Bed at 1:00a.m.
- Woke up at 9
While getting dressed Dennis was checking me out. I was just in boxer briefs and a tee. He dressed in front of me, so I figured I'd do the same
- IHOP for breakfast
- Walked the strip with my $.99 margarita at 11a.m.
- Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum
-Mandalay Bay for Shark Reef
- Luxor for The Bodies Exhibit... so glad I saw it... very amazing to see what is inside of us like that... my favorite part was seeing how many arteries and veins we had... I didn't realize they were so spiderlike. I knew they were basically everywhere I guess. Seeing it visually really helped.
- Spent an hour arguing with Dennis over dinner... he's a vegetarian... I got very frustrated and bitchy because I was hungry. I didn't want fast food and I wanted a steak. I decided we'd go to the Mad Onion Restaurant in Hooters. Steak was ok, but satisfied my craving... next time I want a Vegas buffet!
- Dennis ordered a martini at dinner and said he was halfway drunk at the end of the dinner. He was. Moving his hands like he was conducting music, singing, saying hail Caesar.
- CSI Crime Scene Investigation Experience at MGM. We were CSIs and given a crime scene to investigate what took place. Dennis thought it was campy, but I enjoyed it
- Went back up in the Stratosphere tower and drank. Refilled our big Stratosphere glasses. Talked about goals/plans for both of us for the next year... because it is always good to talk about that while imbibed.
- Dennis spent $1 gambling on 1 machine and I spent 3 on 3 different machines. At 1 time I was up $1.30, but I had to press my luck.
- Back in the hotel room Dennis is looking really tired and moves from my bed to his- after balancing his checkbook. He lays down. I am leaning on the headboard with 1 leg on the bed and 1 on the ground. Dennis lays on my bed and asks me about guys I'm seeing. I shared. I told him about Teacher Friend. He asked about my dating experiences so I told him and I asked to hear his. We had a good conversation. It did seem like he was wanting to make a move, but didn't.
- Breakfast at IHOP
- Went to Ethel M Chocolate Factory and took the tour (about 10 miles from the strip). It was kind of cool- I've seen chocolate made before, so it didn't phase me as much as someone who has maybe not seen that. We got a candy bar sample. Of course I had to buy a box for the family.
- Made it home in 4 1/2 hours. Lots of fog in the Cajon Pass.
- Dennis made his itinerary last week of things he wanted to do. When it came to executing any of it he could not make a decision. I was the decision maker and I liked it. I didn't like the whole indecisive hour long dinner argument.
- Treasure Island was the best decorated hotel for Christmas
- The Luxor was such a cool looking hotel on the inside
- Harrahs and The Flamingo seemed to have the best margarita specials
- Each hotel is like a city inside
- Each hotel has a Starbucks it seemed
- I heard the same top 40 music playing throughout the strip and the songs that really annoy me right now are:
- Fireflies - Owl City
- 3 - Britney Spears
- Whacha Say - Jason Derulo
- Fallin' For You - Colbie Caillat
- So Hard - Rihanna
Pics are of the following:
Sampling sodas, the list of the first 8 sodas (the Beverly was awful!- the only one we didn't drink), The Bellagio Fountains, a look from the Stratosphere at the top, and a look at New York New York from the pedestrian bridge
Edit for Aek:
Dennis paid for gas, I paid for hotel
$81.25 for 2 nights at the Stratosphere for 2 Queen beds
$73.00 gas since we took Dennis' SUV instead of my car (otherwise it would have been about $30 less)
$7 sandwich meal Monday night
$16 Stratosphere margarita
$13.00 Hooters Mad Onion Dinner
$18 Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum
$54 for CSI, Mandalay Bay Shark, Bodies (bodies alone was $31, MB was $17)
= ~$200 for him and me