Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Random Thoughts: Stuff bothering me

1. Lots of interesting convos with friends today made me really sad that I never had a brother. Truth be told when I was a little kid I used to cry over the fact I didn't have an older bro. I'm thankful for friends like The Guy and male friends in general that help fill that void.
2. People who say 1 thing and do another.
3. My mom constantly saying "she's praying," and talking like prayer is the answer to everything.
4. My mom being so indecisive and acting like my dad and I are ignoring her with all this home improvement stuff.
5. The sub system I use to pick up jobs has been "upgraded" for the better, but that's created more problems than anything.
6. Time. Who has it? Friends? Myself? Not so much. Haven't talked to Gonzo, Foot Fetish, Vero, or Marci in forever. I did hang out with Dennis last weekend, which was pretty awesome. We saw Precious and had dinner at Panera. We joked our time together was "precious." It was.
7. People who don't take my advice on things like computers. My mom's computer really needed a fresh install (blue screen, video card errors, not loading the start menu, programs constantly missing), yet she was insistent a bigger hard drive would solve the problem. I know what I'm talking about damn it, and no, you have enough computer backups of all your work to last until the end of time.
8. Genealogy. I don't really care I was related to Bobby Joe, or Chrissy Sue, or whomever.
9. My doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'm scared. I'm bothered. I'm nervous.
10. Christmas carols when it is warm outside.
11. Random awkward conversations with people.
12. My psych professor

Which reminds me... story time...

so last night in psych class we got our midterms back. The professor wrote on the board "a paragraph does not equal 20 points." She scolded the class, many undergrads, who only wrote 1 paragraph on their midterm. She also mentioned something about not having enough details, not knowing how to write an essay, how she is so smart because she has a doctorate, and how she has all this money she can afford to help people. You get the idea. Well, I was beyond caring at this point. I was being the annoying kid who has his cell phone out in class and I was checking out my phone. Professor comes up and stands in front of me and says, "Mike, you aren't paying attention to me." I told her "no." She said that she was scolding me about my poor essay and why wasn't I looking at her. Smart Ass Mike came out and said, "WELL, in SOME cultures it is a sign of disrespect to look someone in the eyes when you are talking to them." The class let out a sort of hush, then I got a round of applause. (They hate the woman just about as much as I do). I continue on and say that I didn't think any of this applied to me. I wrote more than 1 paragraph for my essay, I had several details, I talked about whatever lame ass theory she wanted to hear, and so I wasn't bothered. She let out a sigh and walked away. I got a 19/20 and a 17/20 on the essays. I confused her sons, which I used as my examples, since that is the only info she gave us on that topic, and basically was penalized for getting their names mixed up. They both start with J, Jim and Jeff, or I mean jack off and jack ass, either way I couldn't keep them straight. Oh well. I win and walked out of class feeling like I succeeded.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes a special kind of teacher to be like that, doesn't it? o.O

And I hope that awkward conversation didn't have anything to do with me. I feel like half my conversations with anyone in life are awkward. It's probably more on my part, but I try hard.

El Genio said...

My brother and I never had a really close relationship growing up. We get along well now, but I still wouldn't call us super close or anything.

I agree... Christmas without cold weather and snow just isn't the same.

Hope things go well at the doctor appointment tomorrow.

Mike said...

James: Not at all... the awkward conversations have been with people in real life like my mom, dad, sister, friends, etc.

Joey said...

Mikey -

I will say that my brother and I fought from the time we were little kids to the time he graduated high school (I was a junior/senior in college). Now we will look out for each other, but we are definitely not as close as brothers should be. I only get calls or texts from him when he needs my help with something.

My cousin and I are a month apart, and I consider him the brother I always wanted. Oh well!

As for the teacher occurrence... BRAVO! I know she has made your life pretty miserable this semester. You stood up to the bully of your class. Way to go!

Aek said...

o_O Teachers that no one likes are the worst. They're practically begging for back-talk, lol.