Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I don't know if I'm insane

I don't know if I'm insane to take 3, 9 week classes at the college I am attending. We're basically on the quarter system and taking 2 classes is considered full time.

I am considering taking 3 for a few reasons. Amanda and Lauri are, and they are the 2 girls I flirt, gossip, and babble with in class. Both have all the time in the world, though as they are stay at home moms. I won't have to take classes during the summer. The workload hasn't been bad in my other classes, and hasn't required too much extra out of me. The workload is less than when I was doing my undergrad.

I don't want to go to school 3 nights a week really. I would like a social life to date (yeah, right), hang out with friends, go to the gym, and stuff like that. I figure I go to the gym 3 times a week as it is. If my schedule changes to going to school 3 nights a week I'll probably go to the gym Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights. I am not really getting any added benefit out of taking the courses at a faster pace, other than buying myself time to work on some state standards that I'm required to complete to teach. I think it is like selecting students and writing reports on how they could be helped or something, or something like that. That is done in addition to the classwork. I would have until fall to turn them in. I may be more likely to be able to do some student teaching during the summer, which would be something.

I don't know what to do.................. knowing me I'll register, then suddenly find myself in the classes, and I'll go at it like anything else......... but should I?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you asking ME for career advice where schooling is concerned? o.O

*hugs* ;)

Bruce said...

I'm a practical thinker so take this advice with that in mind. Your income is derived from subbing which doesn't happen in the summer. You should be taking more classes when you don't have the opportunity to work, which would be during the high school summer break. Don't stress yourself out unnecessarily. As you get older, you have plenty of stress.

Mike said...

Bruce: Great point about subbing and not getting paid during the summer. Also, you made me realize/remember I do like to keep busy/have something to do during the summer because my mind wanders/I get depressed/need interaction.