Friday, August 21, 2009

Celebration dinner

The Guy told me he would take me out to celebrate my passing the CSET. I was excited as I said in my last post because we've only eaten out together a handful of times.

I get to his place at about 5p.m. and he is listening to the WOW Blizzard speech about the new WOW expansion coming out next year. We sat listening to it for about 45 minutes. It sounds like a lot of cool new features like they are getting rid of mana and going to have some sort of instant regeneration.

The Guy has some pics of a new guy open in a window and I catch a glimpse. It is a fellow WOW player who is gay that lives in Michigan. He came out after something that made The Guy and his friend Dan mad the other day where someone was using the word "fag" quite liberally. The Guy and him kept talking, texting, messaging each other on myspace, and stuff like that. The Guy will be going to Michigan to see another Dan (not the regular guy he plays WOW with, his new crush) September 20 for his birthday. Suddenly this is the guy for him. He at least is more independent than other guys. For a moment The Guy offered to have him come out here, but this guy said NO he didn't feel comfortable having a stranger do this for him, he has to pay his own way, etc. The Guy respected that and appreciated it. Anyways, they're together and The Guy had his last fling last night before he settles down with this guy. Who knows. He was really giddy about it tonight.

The Guy gets ready and asked me where I want to go. I said I didn't know. He asked if I was just here for the experience, to be with him. I joked that was part of it. He said he had an idea of where we could go. Then he asked about ordering a pizza and picking it up. I actually had just had pizza at happy hour with the teachers and for lunch. I didn't want that. For a moment it sounded good, but then I realized it didn't when he asked if I was sure. I said we'd dine in somewhere. He said he had ideas.

The Guy had me move my car and I told him I was excited to finally go for a ride in his new car. He asked me what I'm doing with my car, whether or not I am going to get XM/Sirius put in the car. I want to. I really do. I love XM/Sirius on Direct TV. I love the 50s-90s stations, The Highway, The Pulse, The Blend, 20 on 20, Love, and Escape, etc. I can't really afford $12 a month. I told him I am strongly considering it. First, though, I want to upgrade my car speakers. After hearing mine compared to his I realized what a difference and how bad these factory speakers actually are. The Guy told me for $250 some good ones and he'll hook me up with the people who did his. I told him that's my first priority.

We make our way into the eatery area of town and he does a U-turn. He says he wants Thai. He asks if that's ok. He asked if it was ok like pizza was ok. I laughed and told him I'm down. We go in the parking structure and all the spaces are only 20 minutes. He jokes about how all of the spaces are only 20 minutes and if I could eat fast. I said I could do two 20 minute spaces because I'm a slow eater.

We park and head down to the Thai restaurant. We go in and The Guy asks if I want him to order since I don't know Thai food. I looked at the menu and confirmed it looked pretty. He ordered. The Guy told them to give me a Thai iced tea, which was really good. Then he ordered some pad Thai with shrimp, chicken curry, beef and chicken skewers, something with eggplant, and another shrimp dish. He talked for a good 5-10 minutes about his new guy Dan. I listened and said how he does sound better than Josh. I heard the whole Josh story and how Josh went off on Jeff the other day. Jeff just delivered business cards to Josh at work and Josh went off on him telling how he is now outed because Jeff showed up. Jeff is somewhat gay acting, but there is no way that he was outed by Jeff showing up or could be associated with The Guy like Josh proclaimed. We talked about how Josh will probably be back. I just said to IGNORE HIM, GET ON, MOVE ON, YOU ARE HAPPY.

The Guy told me I needed to start talking or he was just going to keep talking. I told him about my trip to Mississippi since I hadn't had a chance to yet. I told him how my friend was ok with me being gay. I told him about what we did and stuff like that down there. He asked what made my friend come around and I didn't know. He asked how my new college is. I told him it seems super easy. He has taken classes there and said it was. He said he should go back with me and get his teaching credential. I said he should- it would be easy, we could keep each other company, and it would be fun. I told him how I've been subbing a lot lately. I told him how the bad kids were transferred to the continuation school at the end of last year and the campus is very different this year. I told him how I haven't had to raise my voice at all in any class and the kids are actually a thrill to teach. I had a difficult year last year subbing. It wasn't that I lacked experience, but the kids were very difficult, and in one class in particular that I subbed in it was just like policing all day. This year with the bad kids gone it is not like that. I told him about how I am actually excited about going to work in the morning. I told him about how I had a great discussion with Linda's kids the other day about geography. I wrote keywords up on the board Linda wanted me to discuss (mountains, desert, etc.) relating to Cali's geography, and how the kids were so receptive, interested, and respectful. I just listed these places, then asked the kids to name cities and things associated with each, tell me how far away they are from where we were, and things like that. The kids had a great time with that and I got such a thrill standing up there and just being a facilitator. He told me how that was really neat. Finally he asked about my health and I told him about how this morning I had a difficult time, how I've had some scary moments, and how my mom's friend, who is a nurse, really scared me. I told him I have some upcoming appointments and how it is just the waiting and unknown that is making me worried and I know how bad that is, but I'm keeping myself occupied and I am able to basically live normally minus the stuff going on. I am just dealing with it. He was joking around when I was telling him, which shows me that he was really in a good mood. We talked about Chris and he said to ignore him, I don't need him. We talked about how to approach guys in a club and how The Guy is an expert, yet I'm not. We talked about my lack of confidence with the 3 guys from the town hall meeting at the bar last night.

He thanked me near the end of the meal for coming out and visiting with him. He told me how it was so nice since he never went out with Josh. He told me Josh would never eat Thai. I told him I really enjoyed the meal and being with him. We talked about how Zach, Jeff, and I are all friends who require so little of The Guy, yet he never really invests in us like he did Josh, and felt stupid. He said he was so appreciative of my maturity and ability to care for his dog, and how I'm just one of those people who is there for him, and he loves that.

In the car on the way home The Guy said how much he loves his new car, how smooth the ride is, and things like that. I asked him about halfway home if the car had seat heaters. My ass was getting hot and it was all of a sudden. It was weird because it was 80 and humid out, yet my ass was getting hot and I didn't know why. It did, and mine was on. The Guy played with his, but realized he wanted his back warm, not his ass.

We go in and talk some more about odds and ends, then set down to play WOW, or in my case update WOW. I did help The Guy enchant some of his gear, then he called it a night since he was tired.

He made me promise in the restaurant to take all of the leftovers home, and I did. We hug several times as I'm getting ready to leave and call it a night.

I wasn't expecting The Guy to be so playful, but it was definitely a nice change tonight, and I'm not sure I was exactly. I was definitely in a more serious mood and I think it came across... haha

2 comments:

Joe said...

Sounds like the two of you had a great time. I am glad to hear that The Guy seems to be in a better place.

Aek said...

A few things:

1. About WoW, that no mana and focus thing is for hunters only. And I'm rather displeased with the next expansion - thankfully I stopped playing years ago. But I listened to my friend rant about it last night.

2. I'm glad you had fun with The Guy. :) Out of curiosity, why aren't you two together again?

3. Teaching is really great. I really enjoyed teaching, more as a facilitator than as a lecturer though.

4. What's going on with your health? You can't be vague with me, I'll worry. :-/