Sunday, August 2, 2009

2K's

Went to Knotts this morning with the family. Fun times. Got on all the good roller coasters, saw the ice show, and ate at the Chicken House.

This evening I met Dennis and his friends, all of them gay guys he knows from our college for some kickball. 2 of the guys, boyfriends, decided a few Sundays back to play some kickball and that's what they did. They invited a bunch of friends, and they've played for a couple Sundays. They brought some Mike's Hard Lemonade and a ball. Dennis invited me along and all I can say is fun times. When I arrived the guys were really quiet. Dennis introduced them to me. I knew one of the guys went to my high school, but didn't know his name, or any of that until now... he is Nick and his boyfriend is Matt. We all just sat around waiting for everyone to arrive. We got a field at the park, then the fun began. The cooler with the lemonade came out, then we warmed up. I was only the 2nd to start kicking in the outfield. We ran around with our lemonades in hand, kicking the ball, stuff like that. Then when everyone arrived we picked teams. I got put on the team with the guy from my high school, a guy named Garrett (who was sorta semi-cute), and the lesbian. We scored 4 points within the first inning. The second inning we sucked. We kept kicking it and the balls were all caught. These people are all very introverted I was playing with- much more than me. I am quiet, but I'm competitive, and with a drink in me I can be loud. I was. I was seriously running around all over trying to catch the ball. I was the loudest one of the group yelling "foul," "good job," or any combination of those. I was surprised how quiet they were. It was good times. Only 2 of the guys were somewhat cute, but they were boyfriends. The final score was 14-11. 3 Mike's Hard Lemonades later.

That was a mess of a post I'm sure... kind of buzzed still...

Moving onto new things... as I was typing this up Dennis texted me saying Garrett asked if I was single. I texted him back "I am :-)." Moments later Dennis sent me a link to his facebook page and that I should add him. I get a text from Dennis telling me to ask him out right after that. So now I've added Garrett, going to send him a message on facebook just to get things started and we'll see what goes from there.

Garrett is not really my type. He was cute-ish. He is about 6'. He had a faux-hawk. He was wearing Calvin Klein boxer briefs I know for sure since I kept seeing his waistband. He wore green 3/4 length pants... what are they called(?) and an orange tee. He had bad acne, but cute eyes. Can't hurt to see what happens I'm thinking... I do have to say I know that Garrett did ask me to be on his team and I was the second person he picked. I did notice he was making eye contact with me a lot. He was asking me if I go to the school still, stuff like that.

I'm going to pop him a message like "hey, thanks for picking me for your team tonight at kickball. It was nice getting to meet you." Kind of a new experience... usually it is other guys seeking me... this time it is me with the ball in my court and being proactive and messaging him...

Matt and Nick were the 2 real cuties, though. I think Garrett is 21, or at least a year younger than me since the only thing I can see on his facebook is he is graduating in 2010.

No comments: