Sunday, August 30, 2009

Universal Studios

Texted my cousin Friday night about not seeing her in a while. I get a text back a few minutes later asking if I want to go to Universal Studios Saturday, then a call following that telling me to be at her house at 9.

I get to her house at 9 yesterday. It is her, her boyfriend, her friend Laura, and me. We protest and take my car as opposed to my cousin's little sports car. 3 people with long legs wouldn't go well. I do the driving. My cousin asks if we can listen to AMP Radio instead of MYFM, and since I can stand most of the songs on there, I put it on. We make pretty good timing. I drive the 134 once I get up in the Glendale area. My cousin protests telling me you can't get to Universal Studios that way. I tell her that you can, this is how I go, not the 101. I get off at Cahuenga, take it to Lankershim and what do ya know? We make it.

Oh, and we could see the Station Fire burning in the La Crescenta and Alta Dena area from Universal and as we driving in on the 210. As the day went on the worse it got.



In the park when we first arrive, we stand around using the bathrooms, buying spray bottles, stuff like that. We meet a friend of hers later, whom I swear was gay. He was checking me out, asking questions to get to know me, smiling at me, it was interesting. We just chatted about stuff like school, me getting wet on the rides, and things like that.

My cousin's boyfriend goes to amusement parks with the intention of getting drunk. Today was no exception. He is the smart guy who probably drank 8 or 9 beers in the 100 degree heat. Going down the escalator at Universal he thought he was going to fall. I did have a $9 bottle of beer when we first got there, but I wasn't about getting drunk, especially on a hot day. I do have to say the beer helped loosen things up.

We went on the Jurassic Park ride. I managed to get more soaked then everyone else. Me, I don't like water, not a good mix. I am butt hurt for a few minutes as I dry off, complain about my hair, and all the important stuff. Then we grab a bite to eat. I had a baked potato and split ribs with my cousin. Then we do the Creature Lagoon, which had a hot guy in, which was the only reason to watch. Then we do the Studio Tour. Got to see the sets destroyed in the fire last year, where Conan is taped, Wisteria Lane (which was where a Sprint commercial was being shot as we went by). Fun times. There was one set, a Mexican village where it starts to rain and there is a flood. It started to rain and the darn sprinkler was positioned next to me. I was sitting on the outer seat of the car and the sprinkler was right above me. It just poured and I got soaked. Seriously. We were the only row with 5 people and I was stuck in that car, couldn't move. Me, not happy. Nobody around me got wet like that. I laid my head on my cousin friends Laura's shoulder and told her how sad I was. She hugged me.... haha. Everyone laughed, then took pictures of how wet I was, and they weren't. Not cool.



We got off and my boxer briefs were SOAKED and wouldn't dry. Cousin's friend asked what I was wearing underneath... hint that he was gay... haha. I told him boxer briefs, and he said "oh, I see." I would have pursued him more... but my cousin doesn't know about me. We do the Simpsons ride, Terminator ride, Waterworld, and then go to Universal City Walk. We get popcorn and walk around for about 30 minutes. I wanted to eat at Bubba Gumps, but nobody else did.

We head home and my cousin gets really crazy because she was tired. Really fun stuff. We made great time.

We stopped near Victoria Gardens for Mexican food. Then we went back to my cousin's house and talked to her grandparents for a while.

We take off at 10:15. I look at my instant messenger and Chris is online and sent me an instant message. I told him where I was leaving from, told him I was a few minutes away. He said he was just thinking about me, and he tells me to stop by. I was debating whether or not I should, but I did. We chat about my day, work, school, his son, and stuff like that. We watch "Chelsea Lately," and the Kimmel special. I leave his place at 12:15. He takes me out to my car, we hug and that was that. I get home about 12:45.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Sounds like you had a great time...well, except for the huge amounts of water you were taking on! LOL.

Chris, huh? Interesting!

Aek said...

Hehe, sounds like a fun time, despite you being a cat near water. XD

Anonymous said...

What fun! ^_^

Anonymous said...

So was your cousin's friend doable? The one that asked about your underwear lol! Sounds like a good day in all.

Mike said...

Closet: Very doable. About 5'10, light brown with gray mixed in, blue eyes, probably 170lbs, cute grin on his face when he looked in my eyes.