Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy Days Surprise Party

I'm so thankful my mom and Linda were invited after finding out who provided the names for the invites. Maybe he isn't such a bad guy afterall? I do know the mix of people at the party was quite interesting. It wasn't who we would have expected. Politics/allegiances seem to have played a role. Overall, though, my mom saw people she hadn't seen in 5, 10, and even 15 years, people who worked at the school years ago. I know it meant a lot to her to be invited and see those people.

There were probably 60 people there.

GREAT TIME!!! I do have to say. The lady was so shocked. She was told they would celebrate her birthday tomorrow, and her niece's today, and she actually tried to make a trip to Target for a gift for her niece on the way to the party. The birthday girl was crying as she walked up and everyone yelled "surprise." Big Mexican party. Lots of drinking. The nurse was supplying everyone at our table drinks and brought me back a Mike's Hard Lemonade and my parents had no clue it was alcoholic allowing me to be loose enough to not be embarrassed to get out there and shake my ass on the dance floor.

Carne asada. Enchiladas. Arroz. Muy bien!

Dancing to 50s music. I danced with the lady who is in charge of discipline and the female custodian.

Seeing all the teachers dance to Mambo #5 had to be the highlight of my night.

This was also sooooooooooooo fun to dance with the teachers. Fun group.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you saved some for everyone young man. Now ship it to me!

Anonymous said...

Gay people have more fun, huh?