Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Random Thoughts: Radio/TV

Thought 1
If you listen to KOST 103.5 in the LA area they are going to be changing their jingles. Since the mid 80s KOST has used JAM Jingles, but now are switching to what people deem as the really cheap Reel World jingles that KIIS, KBIG, and other Clear Channels stations have switched to.
My take: Cheap, poor decision, stepping away from tradition, and sound. KOST works I have read because of the familiarity (the everyday music you hear, the continuity of the jocks, and yes, the jingles.)

Thought 2:
Leila Feinstein on KTLA should not be an anchor. She is terrible to watch. She doesn't have an anchor quality to her voice. I keep waiting for the day they put someone like Lynette Romero, or a much more seasoned female face on the anchor desk. And Megan Henderson isn't seasoned.



Thought 3:
KTLA is pretty unbearable to watch for sports and I have to turn my TV after 10:45 to KTTV. Hint: Leila tends to read it, and their cutesy way of storytelling doesn't appeal to me.

Thought 4:
Mark Thompson on KTTV 11 drives me crazy. I can't watch him do the weather. Do the weather, damn it!


Thought 5:
Christine Devine and Carlos Amescua are pretty unwatchable. No chemistry. Christine's voice. Carlos' hair.
See below for proof.


Thought 6:
I cannot watch the KTLA Morning Show at all when Jessica Holmes is on. Mark Kriski grates on the nerves.

Um... who cares about her braces? She is like Jillian Barberie, except Jillian is something to look at.

Thought 7:
I cannot watch Leslie Sykes on KABC 7 either. She just seems really unfriendly. No chemistry with the coanchor. Not a fan. At 11a.m. I'll watch Kent Shocknek on CBS because I will not watch her or Chris and Jennifer on KNBC 4.



Thought 8
KEARTH 101 is expanding their playlist to include more classics/moving away from oldies. THey have put songs like Jesse's Girl, Morning Train, and other 80s songs into the mix.
My take: Sure it is a ratings thing, attracting younger audiences, but I like the oldies and KOLA sounds better, and I think has done a better job. The songs just seem out of place on KRTH.

No comments: