Thursday, August 20, 2009

Told him off (AGAIN)

I called The Guy earlier this week, on Monday I think, and he texted me back and told me he was having a difficult week, or hanging in there, something to that effect. He was very vague and it. He told me he'd call me later in the week about getting together for dinner as a congratulations for passing my CSET. I backed off and let him have his space.

I got a call just a few minutes ago asking me if we were still doing dinner to celebrate. I said we sure were. He asked what time. He asked about 6. I said 5. He said 5. Then he said in a low voice "5." I said "cinco" in a low voice. He said that he wanted me to know this invitation was brought to me as a service of the number 5. Then he asked what time we were meeting and I asked if it was at 4. He said "no, damn it, Mike, you always screw it up, you don't listen." Then I asked, "wait, you said 5?" And he said "YES!" We were finally on the same page and that was that.

I put the phone down and go back to trying to replace an air filter when the phone starts ringing again. It was The Guy again. He was so excited and asked if I he told me how happy he was. Josh called him Monday night, shortly after I texted him, and all Josh said was "I'm sorry."

The Guy ripped him a new one. He said Josh didn't seem sorry. Josh just used him. Josh just used him for _______, _______, and _______. Josh is too afraid to not be straight. Josh said he didn't ask to be gay. He wasn't gay. He could choose. And he was maybe, at best bi. The Guy said that wasn't an excuse for his poor treatment. All summer/spring he used The Guy to help him write papers for school, they would spend the night together, eat sushi, then once the papers were done, Josh stopped coming over. The Guy talked about how even if he were straight, he would not back out on a friend just like that. He talked about how it doesn't matter about sexuality, but his treatment was inexcusable. He talked about how he would never do that to someone he "loved," and hoped Josh could have been the same way. Josh just denied everything and said he didn't use him, things like that.

He said he is going to cancel Josh's health insurance and his credit card that the insurance is being paid for. He is going to shut off Josh's iPhone (that The Guy bought and pays for the plan). He will send Josh a letter first to tell him and give him the option to put everything in his name and pay for it himself.

The conversation lasted for about an hour. The guy just ripped him a new one. He told Josh that he has lost a good thing and he is going to be on a downward spiral. I believe that. Last time Josh turned to drugs, random hookups, and stuff like that before he went back to The Guy. Who knows if he will go back?

He said that he hasn't felt bound all week. He has felt excited. He has felt freed. He never made plans with me because he was afraid Josh would call, Josh would want to come over, and I told him I knew all of that. He apologized. He sounded like he was about to tremble. He just said overall, he is really happy, and hopes this feeling will last. I congratulated him. I declared we're not just celebrating me passing my CSET, but him being free again.

He said we're actually going to go out because he is FREE. We're going to an actual restaurant. We've only dined out maybe 3-4 times in the 2 1/2 years I've known him. We went to a Mexican food place once, once with Jeff at the salmon place, and once we went to Elephant Bar, and another time we went to Albertos Mexican Food, so that makes 4 times.

4 comments:

Crap Newsman said...

Is Josh model material? There's a lot of money to be made in modeling. There's Sean Cody for one (he can bottom, anyway). lol

Anonymous said...

Why can't you and The Guy just settle down and become a couple?

Anonymous said...

well from a distance, this Josh-The Guy romance
is a total disaster and The Guy would've been better off never having courted all this, but that's from a distance. Very few "good" times during this ordeal.

dan said...

paying for his insurance and iphone AND plan is beyond RETARDED!!! you're kiling me here. why why why... ugh.
ha
later.