Saturday, August 15, 2009

A bit of Happy Days

Been busy since I got back.

I've tried calling The Guy, but we are engaged in a game of phone tag. The Guy called as I was typing this up. He hasn't talked to Josh in 2 weeks and Josh is scared to be around him. The Guy has a severe pink eye infection.
Been trying to get together with Gonzo, but did get in touch with her via text. She's busy as ever.

Been registering/getting ready to start my Masters program on Monday. OMG. I am excited, nervous, worried, and
overwhelmed.

Been dealing with health issues AGAIN. Real scare last night. My inner black woman, Shaquana, as well as many F-bombs and other explicit language came out and I got what I want. Think I scared everyone in the nurse's station in the emergency room and many of the patients. Lots of tests and appointments in the upcoming weeks. I'm scared.

Subbed yesterday for a science class. The kids loved and missed me. It is nice to be missed.
Everyone asked about my mom when I was at work. EVERYONE misses her.

Going to a surprise birthday party tonight for the attendance secretary at the school I work at. The party has a theme, "Happy Days: The 50s," and everyone is supposed to dress in 50s attire. I'm headed out to buy black Converse, will wear blue jeans with the cuffs rolled up, white t-shirt, and possibly a leather jacket depending on the weather later. Excited to go.
Lots of dancing... albeit with the teachers I work with... and my parents... but... should be a fun party...




I posted these 2 videos because I was talking about the 50s and going to a "Happy Days" themed party, but this is relevant to another thing going on in my life. On another note I was having an argument with Gonzo like 2 weeks ago about the Happy Days theme song. We both could have got on our iPhones and youtubed it. We forgot we could. We were arguing and she said the song "rock around the clock" was the theme song. I said no, it was "Sunday, Monday, Happy Days... these days are ours, share them with me..."
I texted Gonzo a few minutes ago and informed her I was having a "Happier day" because I was right about the happy days theme and I was at the new 3 story Forever 21 that just opened today. She said she is experiencing "sadder days."

1 comment:

Aek said...

What Master's program are you doing again? I think you'll find doing a Master's to be a lot of fun, actually. :)

What health problem are you having? o_O