Thursday, August 20, 2009

Random Thoughts: Radio/TV Pt. 2

I posted a few weeks back about changes at KOST. Here are a few more radio notes...

Karen Carson voice tracks her KOST show from New York meaning she is doing her show in New York, then while that is wrapping up she is doing the KOST show and it is beamed back to Los Angeles to play. It is not done live. That's why her weather cut-ins are always so vague like "warming up along the KOST." She is actually a DJ on basically the KOST equivalent in NY. She is also on Sirius' The Pulse and The Blend. Not a fan of hers. Maybe it is just that she isn't live. I like live radio, darn it. At least Hollywood Hamilton on KBIG is broadcasting from New York, but he is trying to make his show as live as possible.

I do have to say I like when Lisa Foxx fills in on MYFM, and is live, when she throws it to Sabina Mora for traffic she says something like "let's go to Sabina for the traffic," or "what's going on girlfriend?" to at least further the "LIVE" element.

KFWB News 980 is dropping their news format as of September 8 and going to a news/talk format. No more "traffic on the 1's." No more "you give us 22 minutes, we'll give you the world." The 22 minutes comes from what the average commute used to be in LA. I digress. Anyways, they are bringing in Dr. Laura from KFI for the midday.

KNBC hired Alycia Lane, a controversy-laced news anchor from Philly.

3 comments:

El Genio said...

I've been watching Lisa's career for awhile. She used to follow Jamie and Danny in the morning, and then she had her own morning show for a few weeks with Valentine before they shipped him over to MYFM. Now she seems to be bouncing all over the place. Anyways, I always feel bad for her. It would suck to actually get your own show and then lose it, hopefully she gets something better soon.

Bruce said...

I love Lisa Foxx and she loves us gays you know!! She is so real and normal, I wish they would give her the time slot after Valentine on MyFM since I listen to that all day in the office. Not a fan of Hollywood Hamilton and even less now that I know he is in NYC.

Mike said...

El Genio: I wish they would make her permanent somewhere (other than San Fran and LA where she also has shows). I think she should have the midday on MYFM.

Bruce: I think you were the one to tell me that before I heard her mention something about her gay friends. I have to second wishing that the higher ups at MYFM would give her the midday slot. She is much more exciting than Kari Steele, whom I cannot stand. I get tired of hearing her say over and over "have you checked out my club yet?, I'm so glad you are spending your workday with me, " she gets old.

Oh, and if I had known that you were a MYFM listener, I would have posted that my 5 songs were picked as a "My 5 at 5" a few weeks back so you could have been sure to tune in for my 5 really embarrassing songs. haha