Monday, November 30, 2009

Musical trivia

I remember this song from 7th grade and after DWTS ended the other day I was trying to think what Mya sang after hearing her name tossed around for months. I could only remember "Lady Marmalade"

Case of the Ex- Mya
I remember when this came out in 2000. I was in 7th grade.

Oh, and being the musical trivia fan, do any of you know the story behind the song?
It was picked for Mya to show a maturing Mya. The song is about a girl who won't tolerate her boyfriend returning to his ex. It was written by 2 people, one of whom was going through something like what the lyrics of the song portray.

This song is one that can potentially get annoying easily, but I like the lyrics, and have felt like this...

Need You Now- Lady Antebellum

May get some heat from this one, but I'll refrain from my opinions on his performance and just say I like it...


KIIS FM bothers me that they bleep out the word SEX each time it comes on. AMP Radio doesn't.

Did you know that Jeremih wrote this song to commemorate females on their special day and was originally called "birthday text?"


Pretty cool video just for the footage and it has that Bon Jovi sound. Makes me want to learn more about video editing


Did you know that this was based on a real life experience for Perry who basically had a fake wedding in Vegas with an ex?


The Beach Boys song "Good Vibrations" was inspired by Bryan Wilson's mom who said some people give off "good vibrations" and that's why sometimes dogs bark at some people, but not others.

4 comments:

El Genio said...

When I first read this post I got Mya confused with Myra. LOL

Anonymous said...

I think the only one there I like is Good Vibrations. o.O

Mike said...

El Genio: I forgot about her! I remember when she came out and was all over Disney channel. I think it was about the same time?

James: I think you send good vibrations.

Anonymous said...

Amazing as always