Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Break... ahhh yeah!!!

Been enjoying Spring Break so far

Saturday: Met a fellow blogger
Sunday: Hung around the house
Monday: Met Darla for dinner and Starbucks. Fun times! Lots of gossip and Darla got into her Masters in Public Health program. We talked about hot guys and other fun stuff.
Tuesday: Universal Studios with my mom, Linda, her son, and another teacher my mom used to work with. Fun day overall. Got a chance to talk to Linda's son about random stuff I've been curious about... like does he think his mom is so controlling? I brought that up when she was texting him while we were off on some ride. He said yes, but you just send a ridiculous answer and appease her. No surprise. I suggested we go to Universal Citywalk because we had rode almost everything we wanted and were trying to kill time. He was worried his mom would be worried he left the park. I told him what she doesn't know won't hurt her, it's not like we were leaving our moms for good, we were in a safe area. So we did. It was like the unspoken "what do you want to do?" I said let's just go, walk around, then I asked him what he likes to do for fun. Drinking came up. I suggested we get a drink at Karl Strauss. That was cool since Linda's son really seemed to relax and we just chatted about sports like the Sweet 16, college sports, and pro sports. Basketball was not my topic of choice and I knew little about the Sweet 16, so he did most of the chatting. We did talk about USC not being able to compete this year and stuff like that, and I was able to chat about whether or not it was fair, etc.
Wednesday: Dealing with Aunt in Nor Cal- talking to the lawyer- my aunt will basically be serving some time in jail it looks like. YAY!

The rest of the week is pretty much up in the air...

1 comment:

Aek said...

Oh MPH program, how I miss it. Where's your friend Darla going for her MPH (if you don't mind telling)?