Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Plan to buy

I plan to order my iPhone next Tuesday when the presale starts. Think I'll go with a 16gb again. I have to admit I'm not 100% sold on the design after seeing other devices Apple has put out recently. I am hoping that I will have better reception on this phone- AT&T thinks my internal antenna is breaking on my current phone.

I was sitting around in my room, on my bed, anxiously watching arstechnica and macrumors as the updates were delivered about the phone. I texted The Guy about 30 minutes into the iPhone unveiling where Steve said it was the greatest change since the original iPhone, and he called me immediately. We talked for 90 minutes on speakerphone giving our feelings, oohing and aahing, and all of that. It was quite fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one...what can we do with our old i-phones?
Mine is the 3GS. I take a lot of pic so 5 mp and zoom with a flash makes it worth it as a digital camera alone would cost what the phone will (how's that for justification).

Mike said...

How about ebay? I know when my screen shattered a few weeks back I was looking on ebay and even the 3G, 3GS phones were all going for $150+++ still. I dunno... I'll probably recycle my phone or something. I don't know. Ebay maybe.

I like your thinking!

Anonymous said...

I bought my 3GS in Vegas last summer and it was only like 2 months after I bought the 3G back at home...so I ebayed that and got $370 for the 3G.

Of course it was basically brand new and not obsolete.

Iphone 4 is so cool and people can get a brand new 3GS for $99 with a contract (that's the key I think, they can buy our old phones without doing the contract thing making them more valuable). So perhaps your correct.

I might hold onto mine as an insurance policy...if I break the Iphone4, then I can turn the 3GS back on?
They are not the most durable devices.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mikey, just read an article on Yahoo says we can get dough for our old phones, pretty good dough at that. There's the link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc2535