Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer goals

Here's my list of goals for this summer:
1. Finish my 2 summer classes
2. Paint my bedroom/take down the awful wallpaper.
3. Organize my closet
4. Take a weekend trip... or two... JetBlue Cheeps, anyone?
5. Watch lots of movies- I watched Tropic Thunder last night- I should have passed.
6. Hang out with coworkers a couple times and cousins since we're back in constant communication
7. Pester AT&T about our internet issues. Thanks to reader hpnutty for their advice. I plan to suggest what you told me.
8. Go to 2-3 concerts
9. Take the Spanish test I still need to for my credential, and study for it. I should do ok.
10. Still want to visit Disney World.
11. Hang out with my best friend when he is here a couple times
12. Disney, Universal, and Knotts Berry Farm a few times
13. Weho again... maybe as soon as tonight!

Nothing real lofty, but things I need to work on.

Oh, and I just found out my idiot advisor will not let me take the class online and pay the same tuition as an on site class. Online classes are $1,000 more per class. There was a scheduling conflict with both of my summer classes- both were offered Thursday night. I went in 2 weeks back and petitioned to take 1 online and get the on site rate because this advisor encouraged me to do that because of this issue. I get a call from his secretary at 10:40 this morning telling me that the class I need is now offered on Monday night. I told her I'd have to think about it, but I already had plans, and I do. I wanted to keep my schedule open for JetBlue Cheeps, as well as I have it planned to go to Disneyland with my best friend on a Monday, then drive down to his condo in Carlsbad and stay through Wednesday. I got an email from the advisor at 12:20, 20 minutes ago, telling me that because I elected to choose the online class over taking it on campus I will not receive a discounted rate. Excuse me?! You were the ass who said the class was only offered Thursday nights, and I planned my schedule around that.

After 3-4 emails my advisor relented and is allowing me to take the class online, which is what I wanted to do.

No comments: