Saturday, September 18, 2010

Coal Miners Daughter

I was driving to work yesterday morning when this monstrosity came on the radio. I'm not a Miranda Lambert fan. She has an attitude problem (can you say bratty?), she doesn't have much of a voice in my opinion, and she is married to Blake Shelton- triple threat.


When this came on I was thinking "OML, oh my Loretta, what happened? Did Taylor suddenly think she could sing this?" I was debating who it was- Kelly Pickler, Miranda Lambert, or Taylor Swift. I heard some of the vocals that were clearly Miranda. On one hand it was a nice surprise for about 2.5 seconds that KFROG expanded their playlist, but the song was just awful. Only Loretta can sing this. Miranda can't, it's not her story.



Anyways, the song is a part of a tribute to Loretta Lynn's career I later found out- Loretta hand selected artists to rerecord some of her songs, and Miranda Lambert and Sheryl Crow are 2 of the artists. There's more who will be involved in the tribute including LeAnn Wommack and Carrie Underwood.

But what was funny was in the parking lot after hearing the song. Linda tells me every morning she heard this or that on KFROG- mainly how bad the traffic is, or something from the news. But she asked if I heard the awful song, some remake of an old song? I said YES, IT WAS HORRID. She laughed that we were talking about the same song.

We go in the teacher's lounge to see what we're missing, and Mrs. M was in there. She was talking about a bad remake of a Loretta Lynn song she heard on KFROG. We laughed, and told her we were not fans. So tell me... what do you think of this song? Loretta or Miranda? Just curious...

No comments: