Monday, September 13, 2010

Getting out

I got to meet up with another blogger yesterday, probably the highlight of my day. I met All Mixed Up in California. That was fun because he was another local guy, and it was cool to hear more details about him and his career among other things. Hopefully we can can hang out again soon! He's a nice guy and it was nice to put a face to his blog

I got a call at 5:40 fromKeith asking if I had dinner plans. I did not. My parents were out somewhere unknown, so I said I didn't. He suggested we meet at a wine bar that just opened near my house. He told me about some of the wines and we sampled them, and the food was actually really good. It was on the verge of being filling, but could have been with a few bites more, but was tasty. I think we'll be friends, and probably hang out more since we have several mutual friends. I did pick up he seems to have a slight crush on me... I wasn't surprised.

We had the best schedule at work today. We are on a testing schedule and 2 hour periods. Last period was my prep. Linda and I decided to do a lunch meeting where we discussed our lesson plans for the coming week and brainstormed ideas for my observation next week. In case I haven't mentioned Linda is my master teacher, and the principal is aware of Linda's close connection to my family, yet said she was awesome, and that I'd learn a lot. We did Mexican food. Yum.

And now tonight I'm about to go meet Dehumanizing the Boy at PF Changs.

2 comments:

SCalRF said...

Good to meet you too, Mike, and also interesting hearing about your student teaching. I have mixed feelings about the idea of teaching high school, but I must admit it's been on my mind for a loooong time . . . We'll see.

Aek said...

Sounds like fun!! Glad you had a great time. :-)