Saturday, September 18, 2010

Outings and dates

Been a busy week- some of this I've already blogged about. I've been every night this week. I'm trying to keep track of it all, so here it goes:

Sunday, 9/10
Dinner with Keith at the wine bar near my house.

Monday, 9/11
Dinner with Dehumanizing the Boy at PF Changs.


Tuesday, 9/12
Lunch and dinner with The Guy- sushi and his pasta creation.

Wednesday, 9/13
Date #1 with Ry. I met Ry on Grindr back on Labor Day when I went to Disneyland with Jack Off Buddy and his boyfriend. I logged on, he shot me a message, and I responded the next day when I was on my way to work. Lots of conversation back and forth on there, then we moved over to chatting on AIM, and then skype later that night. We talked on the phone for about 45 minutes as I drove home from The Guy's Tuesday night.

Ry is 25, 6', 170lbs or so, sort of emo looking, medium brown hair, wears his hair in a fauxhawk. He lives literally in back of Disneyland. He is a grad student at a college in Anaheim. His major was geography, and undergrad was done in history. He wants to go into teaching and is doing Teach for America. He has messaged me pretty much everyday, and I've done the same to him. It's always basic texts like how are you, etc.? He likes someone who has a wide knowledge about a variety of topics, can carry on random conversations to no end, someone trustworthy and patient.

We met at TGI Fridays in Brea at the Brea Mall where we talked about lots of random stuff- his day, his car accident, his friends, his job, and teaching. I told him basics about me- teaching, school, and what I like to do for fun. We met about 7 and chatted until about 9. On the way home he was texting me about drama (because an ambulance had passed,) and suddenly I was letting out my inner Shaquana (inner black woman).

Thursday 9/14
Dinner with my mom, Linda, and Mel before I headed to escuela. Because 7.5 hours with Linda at school already was not enough.

Friday, 9/15
Dinner with my mom, Linda, and their student whose mom died. I wasn't going to go, but Linda insisted. Good shrimp enchiladas, arroz, y frijoles. My mom's student is doing much better. His older sister is a teacher about 40 miles away, and is chipping in to make sure his brothers and sisters can survive. His sister is insistent that my mom's former student will not work while in high school. They talked a lot about his aspirations to be a science teacher, and students that were in my mom and Linda's class seeing how everyone was.

Saturday, 9/16
Date #2 with Ry. We agreed earlier in the week to hang out tonight. He has a love of food like I do. I said we should go to the Santa Ana Arts Festival because there were a couple food trucks. He didn't have anything planned, but he had never done a food truck, but wanted, so that was in order. I drove down to his place in Anaheim, and he drove us down to Santa Ana. We found the trucks without any problem. He went around taking pics as we walked of the architecture and food trucks. I did too. We took pictures of each other eating the food. So what did we try?

We ate:
- Comodo tacos- the Indonesian Beef and Komodo steak tacos
- Parmesan and garlic cheese fries from (from the Comodo Taco Truck)
- Dirty dog (hot dog from street vendor) with shredded cheese, bacon wrapped hot dog, onions and peppers, mayo on top
- Barbecue pork and beef sliders from Uncle Lau's barbecue.
- We didn't get to try the Tropical Ice because it was 70 degrees, and too cold.





He really enjoyed it. We took turns paying. He paid for the hot dogs, I paid for the sliders and waters, he got the tacos and fries. We go back to his place and he tells me about his wild days from 15-19, his clubbing days, etc. He tells me now he's focused on work and school. He told me about his thesis, his cat, decorating, and stuff like that. I tell him random stories about teaching and my "wild" days. His apartment looked pretty awesome. We laid on the couch in opposite directions. His feet up over my head and my feet going down along the couch. We talked about his psycho cat. I took off about 10:30 as he was falling asleep. We hugged, something we didn't do the first date, and agreed we need to hang out again.

2 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: That 2nd date sounded nice and you got to try out a lot of food - it looked yummy.

Aek said...

Sounds like a very busy time. :-P Perchance this week will be less hectic.