Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Disney with the boys

Jack Off Buddy, his boyfriend, and I hit Disneyland yesterday. It was a fun time.

JO's boyfriend ran the Disney Half Marathon the day prior, and was ready for another magical day at the Magic Kingdom. I heard all about the marathon and how he was not hitting his stride, but how awesome it was to run through Disneyland and all around Anaheim. I heard how crazy the traffic was. The car ride there was great. I heard about what I mentioned, plus I got to know the boyfriend better. He has such an awesome story. He was really addicted to many different substances- pot smoking, alcohol, and other hardcore stuff. I heard about his turnaround, how he was leading a triple life- his churchgoing married life, his work life, and his addiction side.

The day looked like it'd be wait, wait, wait, as it nearly took us 30 minutes to get parked in the Disney structure coming off of Ball Rd. The lines in the park weren't bad. We hit Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Tower of Terror, the Aladdin Show, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Soarin' Over California, the swings, and Astro Blasters. Pretty good- I've been at Disney where I've only gone on 3-4 rides a day.

We talked a lot about work- student teaching, Linda, JO's crazy job, and his boyfriend's job. Lots of good convos. We discussed Lewis and Clark, Manifest Destiny, psycho people, and we sang. I guess JO's boyfriend was reminded about the Lewis and Clark expedition walking near the train on Main Street and suddenly was trying to remember the name. JO suggested the teacher would know the answer. I always thought it was the "Lewis and Clark Expedition" with Sacagawea, etc. That lead us to Manifest Destiny. Very educational if you ask me. "Let's ask the teacher, he knows." I felt very scholarly as I was able to help settle disputes and inform. Hahaha.

While walking through California Adventure the 3 of us sang along to the oldies that they played throughout the park. Love the oldies. The boyfriend started singing "If You're Going to San Francisco," and I joined in. Somewhat unwillingly, JO joined in. It was fun.



We also enjoyed Jan and Dean's "Surf City." The boyfriend and I were bumping into each other, had some hand motions going, and our mouths moving.


Oh, and we saw the gay rave going on as we called it. Disco music, glow sticks, rainbow colors, guys and girls who were Disney castmembers dancing in flower pods. Obviously designed by a gay guy. A DJ also was there. Lots of people dancing. Very interesting.

We left about 9:30 as the fireworks sounded like they were going to bomb our car any moment. We talked about sexuality in Iran and a documentary JO saw about it. Lots of interesting stuff- boys in Iran tend to have their first sexual experience with a guy, and they meet the guys usually at weddings where the whole family is. It is a male dominant society, etc. etc. etc. I am waiting for him to get the name for me so I can watch it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a very intresting day and i am glad you had fun do you know its the weirdest thing to see jo buddy and his bf in the same sentence very very weird lol but of course if i had been following you longer i would probly know more about it Love<~Peter~>