Monday, September 27, 2010

Put on your suit jacket

My dad accidentally left the TV on Today in LA the other morning. Since my dad got tired of the talk/little news format that Today in LA has where they talk to the KFROG DJs, the entertainment news, and other things he has watched 7 in the mornings.

My mom was watching the news this morning as she was eating breakfast, and made the following comment that amused me:
"I wish he [Sean Murphy] would finish getting dressed before going on air in the morning.



I have to agree, and by 6:50, he still is missing the jacket. It annoys me when anchors don't have a suit jacket on. I know Sean Murphy is a traffic reporter, but still. Mark Kriski on KTLA does it, and it drives me crazy too.

And what I found more amusing was my mom's observations- the women on Today in LA look like they're going to go hooking after the show. She also noted that Kathy Vara has really started dressing down since going back to KNBC.

4 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Maybe he left off his jacket because it's so hot. I heard it was 113 in LA. That's scorching. How hot was it in your area? I hope you have AC in your room.

Mike said...

He is their new traffic reporter, and he does it every morning. I've yet to see him in a suit jacket even when they introduced him the Friday before he officially started.

It was like 115 yesterday. Thank goodness for central a/c!!! So glad we got that 2 years ago!

Anonymous said...

mike, seriously, don't be an old man. suit jackets aren't needed for everything, and i think now a days the news could be a little less stuffy. i prefer sean jacket-less. he looks cleaner and more confident to me.

and the women look fine. hooking, really? come on. don't be prude.

Aek said...

I never notice whether anchors have a suit jacket on or not. I suppose it's not a big deal to me. ::Shrugs::