Friday, January 21, 2011

And she's not capable?

My dad, mom, and I went out to dinner tonight. My sister was at school and we did not know when she would be back since she had some orientation seminar or something. As we were leaving, my dad said he was going to stop to get food for my sister on the way home. My mom asked why. She said my sister wasn't going to be home for a while and it would probably be after 7:30p.m. It was 5p.m. at the time. My mom said to not get food for her since it would be cold, and nobody likes cold food. My mom said sis is capable of going through a drive through on her own. My dad still went to get food.

And while I'm not complaining, he never thinks about me like that. I think on one hand I'm glad because I don't like cold food. With me he calls to tell me to pick something up...

3 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: You are the capable one, look at it that way. Your sis, she needs her hand held -- it's an unfortunate fact of life that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps he merely thinks of sister as the charity mental case, and you as the co-worker in helping care for the poor, troubled animal.

Anonymous said...

If this situation reflects how your dad has always treated her, it might explain at least part of her handicap.