Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goals for 2011

I'm not really into making resolutions, but I am feeling strong going into 2011, and here is what I'm hoping to accomplish:

- Get an English teaching position at a school that I am happy to be at
- Complete my masters in June
- Focus on the test to be able to teach Spanish
- Continua mejorar mi Espanol
- Save money for a trip to Mexico in 2012 - I really want to go to Chichen Itza in the Yucatán, or a site to see the Mayan ruins in Chiapas like Palenque. I would also love to go somewhere donde puedo usar mi Espanol pero in a touristy area like that I'm not sure how possible it would be.
- Save money to move out
- Travel- cheap weekend getaway to Vegas or Texas? A trip to see my best friend probably too.
- Take a cooking class- even if it is just a 2 hour one
- Visit more food trucks... lol!
- Continue my relationship with Mike and see where it takes us
- Continue to go to the gym 2-3 times a week
- Go to a few concerts (Stagecoach? U2? Lady Gaga?)

7 comments:

Aek said...

Some of those sound like givens, many of them more than doable. So best of luck meeting each and every one of them! Happy New Year!! :-)

Joey said...

You need to add "Go to Dollywood." I know you are dying to go!

Happy New Year!

fan of casey said...

Mike: Another ambitious list of to dos; some easier than others. Have fun trying.

Mike said...

Aek and fan of casey: Thanks! Yes! Happy New Year!!!

JC: OMG OMG OMG. I forgot that. Dollywood!!! YES!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL Dollywood...

I heard Dolly on Larry King say recently that her theme park and restaurants have paid out over a billion dollars in wages since they began! Then I read somewhere that Dolly is estimated to be worth something in the $500 million range.

Why not do a lot of research about LA real estate given the decline in values. Find out where you can get the most return for you money looking forward a few years. Then take in a roommate or two. You can add more properties as you round up money for down payments. It is slow at first, but over 10-15 years you could have rental income equal to or greater than a teacher's salary, not counting any capital gains if you should sell a property for a profit years from now.

Bruce said...

Hey Mike,

I want to go to Yucatan with you to explore Merida. I've been looking at retirement options there for years and visit the site www.yucatanliving.com regularly. Very interesing information there, you should check it out.

Mike said...

@ Bruce: Really? How cool! What appeals to you about the area? I'm not too familiar with Merida. I'll have to check it out. Let's go! Seriously!