Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dinner and wine on the couch

Hung out with Mike yesterday. I texted him early in the morning, then had a dentist appointment and texted him after. He asked if I was on my way. I told him I was. We had talked about getting together on Wednesday since Monday when I couldn't hang out with him since I was doing homework that I forgot about.

I get to his place and we chat for a few minutes. He is putting together a shopping list. We go to Wal-Mart a couple cities away. We chat on our way just catching up on the past few days. There was quite a bit of traffic, but I did ok in telling him how to get there. We had some debate- the 10 or 210? I told him the 10 would be bunched up, and it was. He said the 210 would be a mess.

In Wal-Mart we get our hands and arms full with cat food, paper towels, Listerine, and a few other items. We make our way to the check out. We discover he didn't get everything on his list, so we get it out of the car, and head back in. We get the shower curtain and tomato paste he needs, and get back in line. We then venture onto Cost Plus for wine and to use coupons he had. We end up with 6 I think.

On the way back we talk about weird contradictions in my family- my "Christian" family and the odd cousins that I have. We talked about schools in the area and the best Catholic schools in the area.

We get back to his house and he has me put the brie-cranberry pockets from Fresh & Easy in the oven. He puts what looks like a veggie soup on the stove. It had green beans, peppers, onions, and other stuff. He added veggie stock, then got out the hand mixer and mashed it. It was actually very tasty and had a thick consistency to it once he did that. He also made some rosemary bread to go with everything. The brie-cranberry pockets weren't too great- we thought cream cheese would have been better in them. We open up one of the bottles of wine, which reminds him of champaigne, and I agree.

We watched Top Chef, then Idol. Top Chef is always fun. Idol was, well, we love JLO, and Mike loved Steven Tyler's teeth. The singers? I didn't see one I like. I did see lots of NJ crazies to tease Mike about. We both started watching something and started falling asleep on each other as we cuddled on the couch. I woke up about 10:45 and suggested I head home since I didn't want him to hate me for waking him up around 6:30 when he didn't have to.

His best friend is out here for the next 2 weeks and invited me out with them on the 29th. Should be cool.

1 comment:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Two cities away for a trek to Walmart, good thing you grabbed everything you needed. I can wander the store for hours, grab a bite to eat, do some banking, etc.