Monday, January 31, 2011

Good people

Today wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. My sister was still on my nerves, but good people helped make the day better.

I love Mrs. M, who somehow received a student of mine in 6th period, because he left the class without permission, I knew that, and was waiting to handle him. He never came back, but instead found his way to her class. She didn't want him there, but marched him to me where we discussed his behavior, and got the clear lie from him. He didn't deny it. We marched him to the principal's office.

My awesome principal backed both of us up, then gave the kid mandatory Saturday schools, an hour detention after school, and turned him over to the school police and his attendance is now being watched. He is now considered a habitual truant. This kid needed that shake up. I hope his behavior improves.

Mrs. M is also awesome for saying she would not mind being my buddy teacher for when I need to send misbehaving students out.

I'm making an impression on a few students like M in 6th period. I conferenced with his mom last week about his poor grade and behavior. He is turning around, stepping up his game, and today volunteered to take an unruly kid to the AP. M is a good kid deep down, I know it. I really like him, and am so excited to see this positive change.

The secretary at the school is always so willing to help me look up phone numbers and pull up student info that I don't have access to since my account still hasn't been configured.

My mom is awesome for working "behind the scenes" at home for me on my Excel assignment? Is that bad? She called me as she was leaving school today and I was heading over to school to ask if I was alright after last night. I told her I wasn't. I told her the professor shot the assignment back at me. She came home and I highlighted the information I needed. She played around for about 2 hours trying to get my graphs labeled. She is great with Excel, but has never really used the graphs, but did manage to fix 1 of the 5 or 6 graphs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello my friend, Your site is great, good job you do.
I also created many blogs but not good like yours, I mean the visitors.So

Please
could you exchange link with me?
Here are my blogs. you could choose to exchange ,
http://xguymedia.blogspot.com/
Thanks you for your kind

fan of casey said...

Mike: I'm glad you are having a better day today.

Putting on labels on graphs is pretty easy in Excel so if you having problems, they sound like a technical glitch, like an incompatibility issue between Mac vs. Window versions of Excel. Altho the integration of the two has gotten better, there still are technical problems. It's likely perhaps both sides have not upgraded with all the patches. See if there are any outstanding office updates you need to load on the Mac side. If it is a technical problem, no amount of tinkering with the graphs will fix it and you and your mom are just wasting time trying.

Aek said...

Sometimes Excel can be finicky. But it usually behaves if you play around with it a bit, hehe.

Glad to hear about the good experiences at school. :-)