Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Hate Everything

That is pretty much my motto today. Let's see...


1. I hate students who can't listen.
2. I hate meetings.
3. I hate incompetent people at my university like the dude in the credential dept. who I spent 45 minutes arguing about documentation I had submitted.
4. I hate homework. I hated the damn Excel assignment that I had for my Monday night class that took over 2 hours to do because I did it on a Mac, because the directions left out steps, because my professor returned it because I didn't do a few things right like a table.
5. I hate school work.
6. I hate sore throats.
7. I hate nasal drainage.
8. I hate my sister's attitude.
9. I hate uncomfortable shoes.
10. I hate days where I feel like nothing looks good on me.
11. I hate not having my sunglasses. I have lost 2 pairs the last 2 times I've hung out with Keith.
12. I hate not feeling prepared, even when I know I am.
13. I hate students who go out of their way to say they hate me. I understand the kids might not be used to me/don't like something I do, but there are 2 in particular in my 1st period that go out of their way everyday to say that. That hurts the moral and makes me have to work extra hard to bring several in. It doesn't bother me the kids say they hate me- I know they just get used to a sub, and then they have a new teacher. I do think that a couple kids, who are very softspoken have taken pity on me so to speak and after this started happening started being nice to me. These 3 quiet kids I am thinking of are very quiet, yet don't do their work. Suddenly they're going out of their way to acknowledge me, I'm encouraging them, giving them positive encouragement, and I see 2 of them have made a turn around, and are doing their work.

10 Things I loved about today...
1. Students who really do care like my 4th period
2. Shrimp alfredo for dinner
3. Veggie notsagna pasta for lunch
4. Treating myself to a trendy cupcake for dessert
5. The complements I received for my cool Vans shoes at work. I wore brown suede Vans. Be jealous.
6. Waking up in the morning feeling like P-Diddy
7. One student called me dad on accident.
8. Not having tons of planning to do at work.
9. Being tired when I got home from school.
10. A text from my cousin telling me she is coming back next month.

4 comments:

Phunk Factor said...

R u listening to Ke$ha again, young man? :p

fan of casey said...

Mike: On the whole, sounds like a typical life, good things balance out the bad. Kids hating you though, I'm not sure I could take that either, especially when you are trying and they have to do their part too.

I hope your cupcake was chocolate, yum, i could go for that.

Brace yourself, tomorrow's another day. Perhaps it will be better.

Mike said...

Phunk Factor: Don't Stop dj blow my speakers up tonight!

fan of casey: You grow a backbone fast. You just distance yourself and don't care about what the kids say. They can hate you for a bad test grade.

My cupcake was samoa, and quite the find.

My cupcake was samoa flavored and had a girl scout cookie on top

fan of casey said...

Mike: Samoa flavored, that's the caramel, coconut, chocolate flavored right? Oh I love that cookie but it's deadly to any diet.