Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Female Crush Part 2

Remember her? She's back and more flirtatious than ever. It is really getting to the point where tonight I almost said something.

Beth and I still have the same classes together. The first night of classes this quarter, a kid in the class, named Mike, told the professor that we were married because we sit, argue, and quarrel like we are married. See, Beth still sits next to me in every class. I do have a tendency to voice my opinions to those I sit next to, and so I tell her. So after much convincing I convinced the professor we are not married. I played it off that I would be as flirtatious with Mike if I sat next to him. I said that is how I am. A few kids in the class still wonder.

Beth always comes to me with questions, thoughts, and I am there just to listen. This I think has people thinking we are an item with some of the stuff she tells me. Family, school, work, and career thoughts.

Last night she told me to "get me the cookies," our prof had brought in cookies for the class, and she wanted me to get her some. She claimed my chair was blocking hers. I told her no, she has 2 feet, she can walk, and if I eat 1, I will eat 5, and that is not bueno." She then tried to blame me for her inability to get the cookies. I told her that sounded like a personal problem.

Later on in the evening, Beth told Lisa about what great discussion board posts I always have online. Um? Ok? Thanks? Are you suddenly the professor?

So tonight I had parent conferences at work and was about 30 minutes late to class. I told the professor last week. I mentioned something about it to Beth last night in passing, and she told me she would save me a seat. I knew she would. She always does. After class I thanked my professor for allowing me to miss the first 30 minutes because conferences ran up until the time class started. She said it wasn't a problem, she remembered I mentioned it last week, and Beth reminded her. The prof said she seems like a truly great friend for me as she is so helpful and supportive of me.

So Beth told me how she was feeling so bad tonight and asked if I have Tylenol. You see, I tend to have everything, and know everything about due dates/requirements, so she assumed I would have some on me. I said I had some in my car. At the break we went out to the car. I am telling her about the real zingers during my parent conferences, and I know the guy who walked out to the cars behind us, who sits behind us in the class, thinks we are more than friends. Anyways, I get in my center console and get the Tylenol out. I sit in my seat, and she comes over, and it gets really awkward. She stands in the doorway and tells me what a nice car I have. She reaches over and touches my shifter and tells me what a nice place it was in. She leans over me. She told me that she prefers to have her seat leaning back, however, and again leans over me. Awkward. I suggest we head back inside, and she wants the grand tour of my car. I told her it was a car. She laughed. I opened up the back door. She wanted to see the trunk. She told me it was cute. She wants to go for a ride.

Back in class she was telling me how she misses me. She told me how our sushi run was so fun, and I seem to be avoiding her. She said she wants to go to Disneyland with me and go bowling. I just said "oh." She said she is going to call me up this weekend to see if I want to go.

Must distance myself.

I already told her I am not passing notes with her in class constantly.

Must distance myself.

3 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Buwhahahaha! You are a stud! Girls chasing you. Guys chasing you. Police chasing you!

OK, all kidding aside, yes, you probably should have a talk with her. She is thinking you are playing hard to get, and that makes for a more interest assignment to get into your pants.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Errr, maybe not so much. Some girls just don't get it. My now favorite straight girl friend had to be reminded 2-3 times even after I came out to her.

Aek said...

Hahaha. That's just too funny. :-D