Monday, February 16, 2009

Coping with friends

I called The Guy Saturday afternoon and texted him. He got my text several hours after I sent it and a bunch of random texts. I don't recall what they were about, but nothing as scandalous as what my sister sent out. Not sure what is going on, but he called to confirm it wasn't me. I told him I was free everyday up until Wednesday and would love to hang out. He called me back sounding genuinely interested saying he wanted to hang out. I texted him yesterday morning about 10:35 asking him if he'd like to hang out today since he had mentioned Sunday. No response- no big deal. I texted him about 12 or 1 I think asking him if he could please reply and let me know if he got the text since my text thing has been weird and I'm not sure who is getting what. He called maybe 15 minutes afterward and asked what I was up to. I told him on my way to Victoria Gardens to go to the Apple Store for a power cord replacement. He invited me to stop on by after I was done if I had time.

So I drive over to his place. He is laying on the couch watching a biography/movie on Beatrix Potter's life. He told me how he was watching sappy movies. He was playing WOW also. Jeff called maybe 30-45 minutes into me sitting there. The Guy told me to answer his phone. I did- Jeff was wondering if everything is alright. I said yes, he was playing WOW. Then The Guy had me put it on speakerphone so he could talk. Jeff wanted to see he was doing OK and The Guy said he'd like it if he'd come and play WOW. Jeff shows up probably an hour later. I get my computer shortly after, then patch for the game, and run around my own in the town of Stormwind. I was completely lost and forgetting how to get out of it. I told The GUy I couldn't remember and he reminded me to hearth to get where I wanted to go. Made things much more easier. Jeff laughed and then The Guy made fun of him for having a hard time and still learning to play also. YAY. So The Guy and Jeff quested around together since both were level 73 or so. I was only 65 and needed to be 68 to get to the area they were. I didn't like playing alone, but being there with them made it fun. We watched "Saved," "Serenity," and "Sex and the City Movie" while sitting, playing on the couch. I hadn't seen the Sex and the City movie. We play for almost 7 hours- from about 2p.m.-9p.m. We did take a break and spent lots of time wondering about dinner. We talked about sushi (hehe), steak, and a few other things. We finally decided on steak and rice from an expensive restaurant up the street from The Guy. He ordered and I went to get it since I wasn't questing around with him and Jeff. It was about $24.00 for each of us and there was little food. The Guy joked he could do this because he wasn't supporting a freeloader now.

It was fun watching "Sex and the City" because there were funny parts, but we were also deciding which characters we were. The Guy is Carrie- he is a writer, he has lots of boy troubles, a great group of friends, and he has the quick witted remarks. The Guy's best friend Zach is Samantha with being so straightforward about everything, "wax much?" I thought I was Charlotte- everything is a fairytale, very romantic, happy ending. The Guy said that was Jeff, which I highly disagree with since Jeff seems more like Miranda to me and we argued about that. The two of them decided I was the gay wedding planner in the movie.

There were a lot of jabs at Josh while we were sitting on the couch. First, before Jeff arrived he talked about how he wondered if this was over. I told him it probably wasn't. I'd hope Josh would come around to apologizing. He cried asking me about what he could have done differently being cornered by Jackie and how it was basically a no-win situation.

Jeff left about 9p.m. when he had a friend coming over. "Sex and the City" was in the last 30 minutes and I knew he would break down. He did. He told me how much it hurt. How there was no closure to this; how if Josh came back, he would readily take him back; how he is going to therapy now and hoping to grow from this situation. He talked about how he wonders if Josh will come around, if he misses him, and things like that. The Guy talked about things like how worried he is about going back to his old weight. He broke down when he talked about things they did together, how hurt and rejected he feels. He cried about how he tried and really feels deep down he has done nothing wrong. He talked about how he spent $20,000 in 6 months on him (he only makes $4,000 more per year than that). He talked about how he was living on pens and needles throughout this time, yet he was happy at times, but had so much anxiety and worry about what Josh was doing. He talked about how he helped Josh with school, work, family, friends, and everything was just there for him (protein powder, school books, shakes, clothes, money, etc.) He talked about how he added Josh to his health insurance and now Josh has health insurance, but he is unsure whether to cancel it; he said he probably won't. He was tracking Josh's cell phone usage (remember- he is on The Guy's plan). He noticed he kept getting a call from the 626 and some from Fontana. He was calling these 2 people repeatedly. He noticed Josh hadn't been texting and I told him it takes a while for texts to show up. He was debating as to whether to cancel or what. He said he may today. He was worried Josh would come today demanding all of his stuff back and he was thinking what would make him hurt the most, what to say, and things like that. He said he was hoping this wouldn't come because it would be like the end. He talked about how he does have no regrets. He talked about how everyone hates Josh, especially his brother, parents, and Jeff. In a couple questions he asked about Josh's treatment and dealing I think I provided some insight. I talked about me almost being forced to come out because of my Aunt in Nor Cal, when I met him I was just exploring my sexuality and could have been outed, things like that, and how The Guy was always there, always supporting, and he has that comforting thing to him, so I would have never have treated him this way. If I were in a relationship and outed because of it with The Guy I may be in a panic for a few days, but then I would have picked up my phone and called him. I talked about how a couple times I've felt like I've really fucked up our friendship, yet I am on the phone within a few hours or so to apologize because I don't want to lose him because of all of his support (monetary and emotionally). He talked about how he feels Josh is at a real loss because he knows that he does enhance all of his friend's lives, though he isn't perfect, may be lazy etc.. I completely agreed.

After this, we settled down and watched a little bit of "The Mummy Returns" until 1:00a.m. or so. I was exhausted and falling asleep when we called it a night. It took me about 30 minutes to get home. Not bad.

4 comments:

FM Luder said...

=0 Wish I had the time for gaming like that! Sounds fun =]

Anonymous said...

On a total side note, while traveling two weeks ago my power supply goes out...so I go to the apple place...$88 for a damn power supply? Is Mac and apple nuts?

I had no choice but to pay it (wish I had a macbook pro, just have a mabook).

anyway, power supply lasted about 13 months is all.

Glad you and the Guy are having fun hanging out again. Though he's a mess it's nice to have that anxiety out of your life on whether you were going to stay friends and all that.

I'm going to confessions of a shopaholic now (ugh).
Over and out.

Mike said...

Closet: I think the Macbook Pro is about that price. I'm sure they make a killing on those. The Guy has those things go out every few months or so. For some reason the Apple ones just don't last.

And... um... it is 10:24p.m. here in Cali and you're just now going to see Confessions? It is like, late!

Anonymous said...

I was going to a private showing, have friends that work at the movie theater. There were 4 of us watching it. It was ok, didn't hate it. Laughed some.