Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ideas about the future

Things I plan to do...

- Ask Mrs. C and Mr. P for letters of recommendation tomorrow
- Find a good short story- any story- to use to create a screenplay. My only problem? I can't think of a good English short story. Most of the stories I'm thinking of are Spanish stories. It doesn't matter what- the only prerequisite is that it is a short story. Ugh. Must search and find. I can't think of anything in my literature classes I've read either. Any ideas?
- Go to a concert. There is a big concert at my school this weekend. Dennis and Ryan invited me to go with them. Well, I guess that's a part of my goal on going to more concerts (and with friends!)
- Smoke less! Haha... had to throw that in for Closet and Dan, as well as the readers who commented or e-mailed (Ryan, Dunjin) me about that. I don't smoke- I have done it on a handful of occasions, but it was a party, people were being crazy, and so I joined in. Haha

This brilliant idea came to me at 3:40a.m. this morning. I was sound asleep, but woke up suddenly when this thought crossed my mind:
- Create a blog for some of my writings because I find that a lot of the positions I'm applying for want writing samples that have been posted in blog format on the internet. I can post some of the stuff I've done in journalism classes (I have a really great sports investigative piece), an editorial or two, a couple product reviews, and writing samples from my classes.) I haven't really written anything in Spanish however that I can think of worth putting up there- most of that stuff is movie or literature responses.
- Also create video blogs with that- use my video camera, iMovie for editing, and piece together some video blogs (thus showing my editing skills and creating demo tapes somewhat, or at least an on camera presence, which is good)
- One idea is that I have written a couple product reviews, so I want to get my hands on the products again, post my reviews, but accompany it with a video review and demonstrate what I am talking about.

Don't worry... this blog is going nowhere... I have too much fun writing about my life and experiences.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I-Movie is so FUN!!!!

I can get lost in working on a video project...and all the busy work and stuff will keep you stress free.

I like how your working on improving yourself while you roll with the punches. I've learned that improving my mental health is kind of an activity as opposed to
being a victim (but I still have my f**king days).

Dive into Imovie...you can even do a project using pictures. I did that for my first i movie project...put your pics on your computer into a "movie", add subtitles, do wipes, add music, add text. Next thing you know it was the next day.

Have fun. I think all this is great ideas.

Anonymous said...

A Rose for Emily by William Faulkner. There are some great opportunities to elaborate on dialogue! It's really an interesting and intriguing story!

iMovie is amazing! I really do recommend it! It's quite simple to learn and when you have a decent mastery of it, you can put some really cool things together.

In fact, my skills in iMovie landed me the job I have now. However, they want to learn final cut express, which is a little more difficult, but still just as fun!

Good luck, can't wait to see what you come up with!