Saturday, February 14, 2009

A sister rant- restaurants

I've blogged before how we can't go out to new restaurants because my sister would object, finds something she won't like on the menu, or something of that variation.

So for Valentine's Day my dad wanted to take the family out.

Sister won't eat Mexican. Sister won't eat Italian (unless it is from Sbaaro, Dominos, Fazolis, or Cocos). She won't eat Cask and Cleaver, Outback, or any steakhouse. Sister will not eat Applebees, Arbys, Del Taco, Chilis, Togos, Chipotle, Macaroni Grill, California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, BJ's, Wienerschnitzel, Mimi's Cafe, and many others. Sister won't eat barbecue anything. Sister won't eat fish because fish are friends. So trying new restaurants is hard whether it is sit down or fast food.

Sister will only eat something at Cocos, Carrows, TGI Fridays, Panera, Jack in the Box, Burger King, and McDonalds. She will only go to the Olive Garden when forced. It's no wonder she looks like she has gained 40 pounds this year.

We have 4 new restaurants at the mall- PF Changs (sister only likes Chinese food from the hole in the wall place we go to- so that was out), Cheesecake Factory (she doesn't like their food because they put lemon juice on the chicken strips -so she says), Elephant Bar (she doesn't eat fish, they don't have normal food, and she cried they were waaaaaaaaaaay too expensive), and Yardhouse (she complained there were probably too many drunks around because of all the beer they sell and the food because I like it was probably $20 a plate, so that was out). The restaurants have all been open for 7-8 months, yet Ms. Bitch, bitching and moaning about why she doesn't like about each one prevents us from going. AND SHE HAS NEVER BEEN.

So where did we end up? We spent 45 minutes arguing about where to go and that just sucked all the fun out for one. Second, the bitch went on her usual diatribe about how I'm trying to bankrupt the family with my expensive tastes. I said no- it is nice to try a new restaurant occasionally. Mom felt like playing her side- mom said that there is nothing wrong with routine, and I pointed out how we always go to TGI, and while I like it, it is because that's one of the few places Bitch eats. So mom misunderstood me and was mad and is still mad at me for insulting her and her likings. I said she misunderstood me, explained what I said, then I don't know. Sister told my mom she sees how it feels that I treat women so bad, why I never have had a girlfriend, and things like that. Good. I'm spending the night alone in my room with people who love me.

Edit: Think I made up for my issues. I went out to Target for some retail therapy. 3 cool t-shirts for $12.99 a piece, Seasons 1-3 of "Sex and the City," and "JAG" Season 1. Saw a friend Grant from K-12 there and chatted him up, also saw Mr. C (My boss's hubby) buying a Valentine's Day Gift. I told him he was bad for waiting until the last minute and I could tell Mrs. C. He laughed and said he knows I want to keep my job. I made a stop at Dairy Queen for peanut buster parfaits for my mom and sis, and a malt for my dad. See... that's the kind of guy I am... I am a nice guy... I don't like enemies... I like to make up.

6 comments:

Aek said...

Seriously, your sister sounds exactly like the kind of person I could never tolerate. Maybe the story is one-sided (aka, from your perspective only) but even so, she should really learn to hold her tongue every now and then.

I think you all should've just dragged her somewhere, and just ignore her whining.

P.S. I don't like PF Chang's because it tastes so in-authentic to me.

Anonymous said...

I love to eat out! It's fun to be adventurous unlike miss thang (sis). I'm butch by the way despite the miss thang comment.

Your sister sounds like a handful, I'd have to practice some kind of yoga/peace philosophy to live with the crap she puts you through.

Thanks for cell phone advice...i have until the end of March to decide, so plenty of time. I didn't renew to get an I-phone, but rethinking the whole thing and I might put my mom on my plan to save her some money and so on.

Happy Valentines day...f**k valentines day I say lol.

Anonymous said...

Growing up in my family it was "You're gonna take what we give you, and you're gonna like."

We could object within reason, but because they put lemon juice on chicken strips would only illicit a laugh from my parents.

Maybe your parents should try that approach, it worked for my family!

Mike said...

Mo: We have tried it, but my dad believes in fairness and it isn't fair if one of us is sitting there hungry. My mom is all for that though- like it or leave it. I think that's the best approach.

Anonymous said...

Go with your mom's instincts! My dad believed in the same thing, but in the end, Mom was right! We tried what was offered and liked it! I can safely say, I was the one who didn't like change, but I became accustomed to it and then became the advocate for trying new things.

I hate to admit this, but maybe your sister is looking for attention. I know that my parents may not have an official confirmation, but they know that deep down inside I am gay! Maybe your sister is just looking for attention in the same way! I know she has done some terrible things, but at least try to reason with her and let her know that you are doing what's best for you! If she really loves you, then she will respect you for who you are now, not the person who are pretending to be!

Let me know if this works! I am always available to talk to, just simply email me! I am always available and just want to talk, just let me know!

dan said...

your sister is mental, you need to placate her when possible and soon enough your parents will see her for the evil twin she is.