Monday, February 9, 2009

An outing

I just happened to sign onto connexion last night- just for the hell of it and I clicked on the chat icon to see who was on. I saw The Guy's photo. It was about 6:00p.m. and that to me sent numerous signs. One- he is lonely because he rarely signs on that. Two- he is probably having a hard day. Three- Something probably went on with Josh.

So this told me a couple things and I figured I'd call him up to see how he was doing. I get in the car to go to the gym and dial his number. He asks what's up with me and I tell him about school and my nicotine addicted professor. He asks if he can call me back later about 5 minutes into the conversation and I said sure. I hadn't heard from him in about 45 minutes, but still wanted to talk so I shot him a text that said I hoped to talk to him later and see him soon. He called me back saying he hadn't forgotten about me. He told me how difficult things have been. Josh was outed the other night by a friend of his and Jackie. Backtrack for those of you who haven't been following closely. The Guy has a major crush on his trainer Josh, whom is presumably straight, and has a girlfriend named Jackie. He told me that Jackie was told and broke up with Josh immediately. Now Josh feels extremely guilty and nonetheless is feeling really bad about himself and possibly hurting himself. Josh's mom is extremely worried and is getting him in to see a therapist today. The Guy has spent the weekend trying to be there and support Josh, yet he was feeling alone last night and needing support, so that's where I came in. He said he was getting a massage from a guy at 7 and would be done about 9. To call him about 9 and we'd hang out.

I call him at 9 and he told me to get over there about 9:45. I said that sounded good. I get over to his place and the door is locked. I knock, The Guy doesn't even hug me and goes back and lays down under the covers. He tells me he is watching a new show called "Law and Order." There is a brief pause in telling me that where he gives me a moment to see what it was and I chuckle. I use the bathroom, then come back and sit on the couch. We chat and his eyes are red. He tells me what is going on with him and Josh. Josh texted him that needing to be alone thing early in the morning, then texted him after dinner when he got home, and that was it. The Guy was worried, wanting to text him, and things like that. We both agreed that was great for a guy wanting to be alone. The Guy talked about how worried he was that he'll lose Josh. I reassured him I doubt he would because he is a tremendous support for Josh (especially with dreams and ambitions) in ways that Jackie isn't. Josh has been pulling back from The Guy lately. Josh told The Guy in a text "he needed the day to himself." He also has stopped calling The Guy "cutie," "sexy," and other flirty terms. We discussed all of this laying there on the couch, him laying down, and me sitting at his feet. We watch 3-4 episodes and he is dozing off throughout some of the episodes. We talk a little about me and my therapist. I told him if anything it is helping me to view my sister in a more negative light and distance myself from her. Another thing that is helping me not worry about everything/feel alone is to make myself busy constantly. It isn't like I sat around before, but finding a way to make sure I'm doing something at every moment of the day. If I'm watching TV I'm reading a book, something like that, so my mind won't wander.

The best line that probably summed everything up was that it isn't about The Guy- it is about Josh. Josh comes into the picture because this is probably a huge turning point in his life. Him being outed was probably his last chance to be heterosexual and Jackie was his last chance to be heterosexual. Now he is going to be seeing a therapist and talk about his feelings, as well as other problems he is facing.

After the "Law and Order" ended on the Tivo there was a show on called "Meet The Spartans." THAT WAS HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. It looked to be a parody of a lot of TV shows and video games, but it was terrible. We watch the last 15 minutes of that, then since it is 12:45a.m. he decides he should head to bed. We stand up, hug each other, then he thanks me for coming out.

I get home about 1:15 and as I'm driving home encounter the strangest thing. As I'm about to descend into the canyon below where I live I see the sky over in the southeast is lit up in green and there were green flashes. I tried to take photos of it on my iPhone unsuccessfully. The green "cloud" was about 50-100 feet wide it looked. It flashed just like lightening. As I drove out of the canyon and climbed the hill I noticed how the power was out where I live and everytime there was a green flash the street lights flickered. Was it a transformer blowing or something? I dunno. It was unlike anything I had ever seen before. I hung around in the driveway when I got home to see if I could see it again, but it didn't happen. I did hear 3-4 emergency vehicles as I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep, so maybe it was something?

3 comments:

Aek said...

Wow, that was pretty intense.

I'm not sure I agree with your statement of "Him being outed was probably his last chance to be heterosexual and Jackie was his last chance to be heterosexual."

I don't know, life is weird sometimes. If only you had gotten a pic of that green flash (could be aliens, you never know o.O).

Mike said...

That was The Guy's words about his last chance at being heterosexual, but in a way, it seems like it. Who knows!

Crap Newsman said...

Could be a meteor. There was one in Canada last November captured by multiple videos. Very cool.

You can see it here: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread413304/pg1