Friday, February 6, 2009

He's still alive

Chatted with The Guy earlier this week. He was having a really tough time. Josh is back with Jackie. He called me, which was a nice surprise. We were playing phone tag that morning. He tried calling me 3 times only to get a busy signal. I'd pick up the phone only to get a busy signal. I texted him a few minutes after and he got the text 4 hours later. He was worried Josh had tried to text him, but didn't; maybe he had the same problem. I called him today when he was probably at the gym and said I'm around if he'd like to talk, hang out, or something this weekend.

I had been wanting to wear this awesome sweater pictured below since I got it from my aunt at Christmas. It is a blue Hollister sweater. I was sporting that and a pair of blue Lucky jeans. My boss at the high school commented me saying how great I looked in this sweater. I got 5-6 other complements on it today. That was a little surprising, but awesome. My mom also noticed. She asked when I got that sweater since she didn't remember it, how great it looked on me, and she said it 4-5 times in the course of an hour or so.


(Please ignore how messy the room looks- I didn't make my bed ((shame!)), but the papers you see on the dresser are my tax forms... so it is organized)

On another random note I'm usually pretty mellow while driving, but today for the hell of it I had the highway I live off of all to myself and decided to floor my little car up the hill to see how high I could get the RPMs up. I got it up to 7,500RPM at about 65mph. That was fun. At least it wasn't pouring rain when I did this and the roads weren't slick, otherwise I wouldn't have done this.

And here's something else I've been doing this week... subbing... I was at one of the schools I rarely get to sub at on Tuesday and had a GREAT TIME. I love the administration of that school. The AP or Principal walks you to the classroom, tells you if you have any problems, not to hesitate to call them. Then they come and check on you periodically to make sure everything is going well. I was amazed by one class I had. We had a great discussion about a story they were reading on a family with 14 kids- 8 of them were adopted from different backgrounds (no, not the 14 kids born to that crazy woman who had the artificial insemination over in Bellflower recently haha). In the book it had an opener activity to the story about whether or not you want more brothers and sisters, younger or older? I started telling the kids about me- I have a younger sister and I'd love a younger brother maybe that I could do guy things with and share mutual interests like cars. The kids were so excited- they RAISED THEIR HANDS (GASP!) and were telling me like "I have 5 older brothers and I hate it because they constantly make fun of me for being daddy's little girl and getting good grades." All of the kids were so respectful and took turns. All of them wanted to share their sibling horror stories or their stories about how great lots of children are. They marveled at how I only have only 1 sibling- most of them were from huge hispanic families. Never have I had a classroom read aloud or discussion go as well, but also kids who were so respectful. I left the teacher a note and told her after school that these were a great group of kids.

Tomorrow night I'm going to a concert at my school with Dennis and Ryan. Should be fun. I'm not really familiar with the bands. I know one of the bands and vaguely know their songs, but we're going more just to hang out. Hopefully it isn't raining since it is an outdoor concert. I guess I am tackling the whole go to more concerts thing... haha

3 comments:

Crap Newsman said...

I agree you look really good in that sweater. It makes you seem to have more mass. Is that the result of the sweater or your working out have produced results?

Aek said...

That sweater does look nice on you. :)

But what's that a bottle of on your desk?! o.O

I'm glad your kids were great. My discussion sections are usually pretty good, though sometimes it's hard to get the students to speak up and to even just have them ask questions.

Mike said...

borg_queen: I have noticed my upper body, in particular my shoulders becoming a little more muscular. I will post a pic soon for everyone to see. It may have also been that it was cold and I had another long sleeve shirt underneath... the secret is out...

AEK: The bottle was from my excursions this summer when my mom and I went to Kentucky and stopped at a distillery. It was a bourbon bottle that I dipped in wax and wrote my name on.