Friday, November 6, 2009

I get what I want

A quick update on the ordeal with my teacher. I got a call from the school last night and they said they were disturbed about several things. I can only imagine what the things were. I have a pretty good idea. Anyways, they asked me flat out "what do I want?"

First they are making my professor follow off of another teacher's Powerpoint slides because of the content on hers.

I asked that I have someone in the room on Monday night when I'm doing my presentation to make sure that things go smoothly and I'm not outed. Secondly I want to have my paper read by someone else if I feel the grade from the professor is questionable.

I am calling the school this morning to let them know.

Pretty awesome they were so responsive. I want to say thanks to JC for letting me run my ideas by him as to what I want.

Yeah, you don't mess with me. :)

5 comments:

Aek said...

That's good that the school's admin were so cooperative with ya. I hope everything goes well from here on out!

Joey said...

Glad to help! You know you can always call me for some advice. I am glad to know that they were so receptive and supportive of you. I promise you that it does not always work out that way.

Congratulations on the outcome, and I am proud of you for standing up for what you believe!

Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm not totally up to it on this story, but hope all is
well with you on it. Good luck.

Mike said...

Aek and JC: Thanks so much!

Closet: Basically the woman was targeting me for my sexuality, recommending hypnosis, and telling me to come out to the class because "it was easy," or "not a big deal," and the reason she felt that was obviously hypnosis. She gave me pamphlets for her hypnosis business, and basically I felt like I was being targeted and that my paper would be judged differently than another student.

Crap Newsman said...

How about messing with you in bed, then?