Friday, November 27, 2009

I stood up for her... yay...

This time it was the one in Oklahoma. My aunt was talking about my lesbian cousin's new lover. Aunt went on about how the Bible says it is wrong and she is trying to tell my cousin that because of this she is raising her children to believe it too. Cousin's oldest daughter just turned into a lesbian because my older cousin said that it was right. My cousin having another woman around is promoting it is ok for 2 women to run a family. It is going to cause my cousin's children to act out, they're going to be pushing boundaries like never before.

My mom is going to continue to pray, write a letter to my cousin telling her how bad this is on her children, and send her some links that she heard on Through the Bible Radio on KWAVE 107.9.

My aunt has taken my cousin to church, sat her down, read her scripture, and told her how she may have to intervene to change these children's minds. She said that she is going to take the kids for Thanksgiving weekend to get them out of the house of sin. My aunt acts as if she is the worst parent.

I'm just pissed off. My cousin is made out to look like the worst parent. She is not. She struggles to give the kids the best. She is one of the few parents who can actually and will actually spend all evening helping her kids with their math homework and things like that. She does so much for them.

When my mom told me to pray I told her NOT A CHANCE. "I can't pray that she is not a lesbian. It is not a choice. Read my paper (the paper I wrote for my psych class where I spelled out that homosexuality/lesbianism is not necessarily a choice, the person has identified with a certain sexuality and there is no changing that, but you have to be tolerant because it just fosters animosity)." I put the paper on her computer after I printed it up. It spells out my feelings exactly. At least I'm standing up for this.

3 comments:

Joey said...

I love that you are finding the strength to stand up in your family. I know how hard that can be, too.

I am proud of you!

Aek said...

That's pretty horrible. :-(

I'm glad you're standing up against this ridiculousness.

Anonymous said...

If your mom doesn't figure out after this she is in complete denial or is infinitely dull, lol.

Good for you for standing up for your cousin. I'm sure she would really appreciate someone pulling for her when she's not there to defend herself. :]