Sunday, November 15, 2009

Max

I met Max tonight. We had chatted last weekend about making out to Palm Springs, but I was busy with my paper. He was house sitting, then staying with a friend from college who lives out in Palm Springs, but graduated, and now has a 9-5 job. The friend, Jesse, was bringing him back to town tonight. He told me they would be coming through about 10 and we should meet at a gay bar in my city, not the one I usually go to, but another one I had been to once before.

We call each other about 9, then 10. We meet at 10 inside the bar. They are both standing along the wall as you enter. I introduce myself and we hug each other. Jesse reminded me of a guy from elementary-high school named Cody, except with facial hair, and these fake sexy square glasses. Max was cute as well, a blond, heavy build, and a very deep voice. Max is studying music and took professional lessons.

We chit chat about random stuff. We chat about The Guy, how he came into the story, how he was trying to set us up, how Max met him, stuff like that. The joke throughout the night was "it was my friend, The Guy," because Max deduced that my humor, my sarcasm, etc. is on par with The Guy's. He told me stories in the bar about some of his guys that he has met and his older sugar daddy, or something. We pointed out hot guys to each other. He told me he met The Guy on July 17. LOL. There was no sex involved with the sugar daddy, but he bought him everything. Hmmm. We talked about what I do for a living, school, stuff like that. Jesse almost went into education, decided to go into administration since that is where the big bucks are, and went in at the college level, but was very familiar with my program, so that gave us stuff to talk about.

About maybe 30 minutes into everything we went from being very cold to very hot. We went outside to cool down and walked into the coffee shop, then decided we would walk into the straight bar, but then decided coffee sounded good. We walked to Jesse's car and went to Starbucks. He told me about Max's drama and why he felt down, and was eating a chocolate cake in the back seat. His real father just died and he never got to meet him, and he just met his paternal grandma out in Palm Springs. His dad left him a heartbreaking note. It was a weird story. Still not sure about.

At Starbucks I hear how Jesse and Max met, stories about school, our little "signs." Max says too much and he does the zip across the lips. I sort of lunge toward you, like "what fool," which I joked I got from dealing with all my cholos at school. Jesse doesn't have a sign. Max sang, made strange faces, talked about random things like sexy station wagons. We had a strange convo with the barista at Starbucks who knew the club we went to because of our wristbands, and was friends with several people Max and Jesse were. Jesse asked at one point what I thought of Max, whether or not I was interested, and I said yes. He warned me he was too much to handle at times. I laughed and had him explain. He's really random, off the wall, boisterous.

Driving back Max sang along to a mix CD he had made that was playing in the car with his song from some musical he liked. He was singing it and then some religious song about "God is everywhere" was also on the CD, and he was singing that too in all different styles like broadway. He also made the statement that I will probably never hang out with him again, and how some people have the wrong vibes. Not sure about that.

We go back to my car and Jesse drops me off. We shake hands, then Max gets out and we hug. Driving home Max made faces at me as we drove next to each other on the freeway, flipped me off, and random stuff like that.

Um... and not telling The Guy about this as hard as it may be because I told him that I wouldn't tell "my friend, The Guy," any of this.

I felt like a 3rd wheel, but it wasn't bad I guess. Was he interested? Not sure. Was this just an awkward night? I think.

1 comment:

Crap Newsman said...

Jesse is right. This Max guy seems erratic.