Sunday, November 29, 2009

Teacher Friend

Teacher Friend messaged me tonight. I expected him to. He was drunk- so drunk that he was numb. He needed a friend and I tried to be there. I try my best. At times I feel like it is my worst.

He told me he was drunk and that he had just come out to his mom after taking his boyfriend to the train station. He told his mom he didn't want to disappoint her, and she said that he didn't. That's about all that I know there.

He was just telling me through all of this in his drunken state over AIM that he feels so numb because he drank so much, he should be holding up better. It is in my nature to try to help people and be there for someone, but sometimes there is just nothing you can do it seems. I was trying my best to be optimistic and positive. I told him it was to be expected. I told him how great it was that his mom reacted so positively. I told him that I'd probably be worse than him if I were in that situation. I don't know. At times it seems like there is so little you can do when you want to help someone. I just did my best and told him if there was anything that he needed I was there to talk or do what I could.

Oh, and he has to go to work tomorrow. He has told me that 4-5 times over AIM.

What can you say?
What can you do?
Hmmmm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my case, when I'm sober, I advise people to tell me sign off. I would have heard him out, then told him to go to bed. :/

Aek said...

:-/

I hate that feeling of helplessness, but there's only so much you CAN do, especially over AIM or something like that.

Hopefully he made it through the night okay and woke up with a not-too-bad hangover.

Joey said...

Lady Antebellum - Love this song and their other music. Their lead singer reminds me of Sheryl Crow (looks and sound).

Adam Lambert - Not going to say anything about the AMA performance except SHOCKING. However, that being said, this song has grown on me and I listen to it as I go to work in the mornings.

Katy Perry - She tends to turn heads when she performs, but I like her music.