Saturday, November 21, 2009

Max-imum drama

I called The Guy the other day after all of the stuff with Max to find out about what went on and tell him how awkward the whole thing with Max the night before was. He never called back. I had him on the phone today after he canceled on lunch with me. He wanted to take Josh to lunch for his birthday over me. Dang. I was really kind of bothered. Oh well.

I wanted to ask because as I was getting out of the shower to go hang out with my coworkers he instant messaged me. He was wanting to know why I hadn't messaged him all week, how me not messaging him was a sign I wasn't wanting to be in a relationship, and how he was so offended by me hanging out with his friends the other night. Um. Sorry? This led to a comparison between The Guy and I because we both ditched him. Again, I'm sorry, I was busy this week. The conversation continued and he brought up me making out with one of his friends at the bar. I confessed and took responsibility for saying that it was awkward with making out with one of his friends. It was inappropriate. I was being pressured, but it was not me making the move, but I did it. Oh well. I'm a big boy and can handle that I made a mistake. But then he goes on to accuse me of making him feel so left out, just like The Guy. I told him his ground rules were awkward where he said,
We talked in the club how there would be no jealousy/we would be comfortable socializing, meeting people, making out, whatever happens, and that we will still be friends. A little disclaimer for a wild night.

So now he's hurt when he said making out with other people when he was insistent that making out with other people would not be awkward? I told him that it was awkward if this was a DATE to set those kind of ground rules. A bar was probably not a good place for a DATE. He said we can hang out in the future AS FRIENDS. I said fine and apologized. I had to leave shortly after this little dramatic episode because I was meeting my coworkers. He accused me of ditching him again like The Guy, but also because I was snapping as I was being targeted and vulnerable. I told him no, I was meeting my coworkers at 9 and it was 8:43.

I told THe Guy about all the details, how he was suddenly coming up in the conversation, we were being compared to each other, and how I wasn't bothered, but confused. I did want to ask him about the whole Max thing. He told me they met up, did dinner, fucked each other, then saw each other at the bar that we were at last Saturday. He said he thinks he is acting out because he just lost so much weight and was always ignored, but now was getting looks, and the attention has went to his head, and he can do what he wants he thinks. He advised me to stay away. I plan to. He felt bad for me having to go through this and I told him it was ok. It was. I survived. I abided by the ground rules. I don't think I did too much wrong. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know. Anyways, as The Guy pointed out he didn't mean to hurt me, it was just that he thought we were 2 young guys who would hit it off well together.

Edit: After talking with The Guy I'm in a mood this afternoon. I feel really bad. I attract such awful guys. Like borg_queen says, Carl (although not a date- a guy from school), Greg, stalker whom I have not heard from in MONTHS, thank god!, Maxon, and Chris. AY!!!! I'm exhausted with that list. What am I doing wrong? It is so discouraging at times. Why can't I meet a quality guy, one? I guess that's why I value and am thankful to have so many great close friends.

And last night with my coworkers was awesome. We went to a relatively new coworkers house to hang out. His name is Eddy and he is a frat boy. There was drinking. I stopped and bought some Malibu, which turned out being a hit. I just did 1 shot of Southern Comfort and a Dixie cup of vodka and orange juice. Joe was there, he reminded me so much of myself again, and he was drinking, which surprised everyone. Interesting stuff. Eddy exemplifies all those stories you hear about frat boys and I totally understand. He did 12 shots in under 10 minutes. He was all over Joe and I and hugging us, talking about giving real hugs, how Joe seemed uncomfortable with him sitting on his lap, so not comfortable with his sexuality, but I was. Hot tub. Balcony. Pissing off the balcony. Humping on the balcony. Rockband. Guitar. Humping the TV. That was my night. I am still trying to process it. I wasn't the one getting wild and crazy, but it was just bizarre.

So basically The Guy and I will do breakfast tomorrow morning. Breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day, but there's a really yummy place by his house. HOpefully I'm hungry.

7 comments:

Crap Newsman said...

Told you he is erratic. Carl the 2nd? lol

Run...away...

Crap Newsman said...

One more thing, dude, you seem to attract the crazies. This is the third one.

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't be so down on yourself. At least you're attracting guys. I can't even manage that, the good or the bad kind. :/

Fun times about the co-workers thing, lol.

Joey said...

I am going to agree with Borg...RUN the other direction!

Sorry that he is giving you such problems. You are better off knowing now than later.

The time with the coworkers sounded fun and crazy.

Aek said...

o_O You . . . yeah, I don't know how this keeps happening to you. I wish I could give you some of my utterly drama-less life, sounds like you need some of it. :-P

Crap Newsman said...

Actually this is the 4th one. If you include that 5'6 guy you met at the bar.

Anonymous said...

So, he went from ground rules at the bar for a wild night to accusing you of cheating on him? Uh, I'm thinking you did nothing wrong and this guy is assuming facts that weren't real.

Hope this all blows over, happy breakfast.
Always get hashbrowns and bacon, the rest is
negotiable!