Friday, November 6, 2009

L-L-L-LINDA

Linda is still being motherly to me. She has told my mom I'm like a son to her, she wants to be like a mom to me, and therefore does everything for me.

She said everyone at school (except for the teachers) think that I am her son. The kids see me with her constantly, some of them do call me her last name. All of this happened because my mom was transferred and some of the 7th graders don't remember my mom.

Everytime I sub at work she either gives me money to go buy lunch, or if we have a common prep, we rush down there for a quick lunch.

Everytime we go out, she insists on treating me, even when I'm with my mom and her.

On days she knows I'm going to be working, like Thursday morning, she called me up on my way to school to see that I was getting there, I was safe, and the fog wasn't bad. I only know because I listened to the voicemail message.

On another morning she called me at 6:57 to see where I was because she knew she wasn't going to be at school to do her duty at 7:10 and wanted to know if I could cover for her.

She texts me 3-4 times a week to see that everything is going ok and what the family is up to. She always asks if I received her texts. I usually don't respond. She can call my mom if she wants to talk and needs a friend.

She calls me constantly to tell me about something going on at the school just like she did my mom last year. She always wants to make sure I get home safe and insists I call her.

She insists I text her when I sub for her and let her know how the day went. I'm not texting my sub note. I don't do text like she does. She insists on perfectly punctuated texts, and can only receive 140 character texts. Sorry.

Always insists that I come into her room to say hello in the morning, or goodbye at the end of the day. Saying goodbye can take an hour. I don't want to be at school that late, so I try to make the goodbyes as short and sweet as can be, and have plans so that I can't stay around late.

Whenever I walk past her classroom she always insists on saying hi to me, and her students to do the same.

If I'm subbing in a classroom a few doors down from her, or even all the way down the hallway she stands outside at the beginning of each period and waves to me. If I happen to not see it, I hear about it later. That's a bit much.

I don't respond to every text of course and every phone call. I really limit myself with her. She is just too motherly. Her conversations drag on for hours, and she is not my best friend.

I do have to say that I do enjoy working at the school with her. She is one of the few bright spots ;-\ I guess I just have to take the good with the bad as cliche as that sounds.

Moms...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me all of this. Sounds like she wants to me more than your mom. o.O I'd put out that fire before it happens.

Jackdaw said...

She seems a bit obsessed. Can't you talk about his with her?

Anonymous said...

Smothering feeling?